Sunday, October 27, 2013

Experiments in Pattern Mixing

 Dress: Lane Bryant

Cardigan: Sunday Afternoon Bellini in Stripes from Kiyonna via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free month)

Leggings: Lace Trimmed Leggings from Roamans

Shoes: Liz Claiborne

Necklace: Babil & Bijou

Earring: Me

Photography: Super Boo
I wore my experiment in pattern mixing outfit to work and to get my hair cut. Yay! Hair cut! I always wait until I am desperate before finally calling to make an appointment. You would think I'd know by now that Gen's first available opening is going to be at least 2 weeks out. I called that same week for an appointment with my doctor and she had 1 available slot left the next day. I'm not sure what my point is, except that I was *not* desperate to get in to see my doctor. 

Waaaay back in high school, I didn't follow any fashion rules. I wore a lot of vintage & thrift store clothing and I had my own style of throwing things together...nothing had to match. But as I got older & fatter, I put more fashion rules in place for myself. I suspect it had more to do with the fat than the age. I never stopped wanting to look good, but clothes were no longer fun. When I look at other fashion blogs...I notice unique accessories & pattern mixing are what catches my eye the most. But still I have this voice in my head telling me fat chicks can't pattern mix without looking ridiculous. And that's just silly. So, that is how my experiment in pattern mixing came to be...

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to break rules, especially when they don't make sense in the first place!

    ReplyDelete