Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Sephora Outing with The Girlie

 Dress: Peacock Maxi Dress from earnestzone on ebay

Cardigan: Avenue

Sandals: Born

Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou

Bracelet: Vintage

Kate's Dress: NY Collection via Gwynnie Bee

Kate's Boots: Dansko

Photography: Me & Kate
I had so much fun getting makeovers with Angie a few weeks back, that I convinced the girlie we had to do it together too. Unfortunately, I had the same makeup girl Angie had last time and I was not pleased with my look. She tried, but nothing was quite right and I didn't like any of the products she used. She gave me FUCHSIA (uneven) shiny lips (I took it off immediately). Kate had an awesome woman (Be'/Bea'?) that did a fantastic job on her make-up! Doesn't she look adorable??! 
This time Kate got to buy ALL THE THINGS, and I just got some skin care and a FABULOUS matte lip pencil by Bite Beauty in Toast. I have never heard of that brand before (everything they make is for lips), but that is what Bea' used on Kate (Cashmere Lip Cream in Rioja) & I nearly bought that same product in Sherry (vibrant reddish orange), until Kate pointed out this much more autumn-y orange pencil in Toast. The last time I had my make-up done, the woman used Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads on me & after reading the reviews, I wanted to try them...then I spotted this whole kit...so we'll see if it un-wrinkles me. The Caudalie skin care set was free with my Sephora points. 
On our way home we stopped along the Yahara River to take photos because Kate had admired the crabapple tree here on her walk the day before. It was a lovely autumn Sunday. I bought this dress on ebay back in May, but this was the first time I'd worn it. As much as I love the peacock colors, they are a bit cool for me & I liked being able to wear this orange cardigan with it to warm it up. I need a haircut (appointment made for next Thursday...the soonest Gen could get me in).
Kate looking incredibly cute & mod in her geometric dress, freshly cut hair, & brand new boots. After our makeovers, we ventured a few stores down in the dreaded maul where Kate tried on 2 pairs of boots and walked out with these lovely numbers from Dansko.
In the evening Kate, Super Boo, & I went to forequarter for their special Duck, Duck, Goose Dinner with cookbook author, Hank Shaw. It was beyond amazing and definitely among the top 10 meals of my life. Every dish we shared was a delicious delight. Pictured above is the duck confit with roast tomatillo puree, masa cake, ground cherry smoked pepper jam, corn nuts, pepitas, & sweet pepper corn salad. The perfect ending to a wonderful day. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a fun outing, even if the makeover didn't go as planned. Everything looks wonderful, from the outfits to the meal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hehe, you better watch out or your bff is gonna steal the show! better luck next time on the makeovers. really like your beauty purchases though! the dinner's making me drool.

    ReplyDelete