Wednesday, November 13, 2013

In The Mood

 Dress: Sweetheart Wrap Dress from Kiyonna via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free month)

Cardigan: Avenue

Purse: Vintage Coach

Shoes: Ariat

Jewelry: Vintage

Kate's Dress: Letta Dress from Igigi via Gwynnie Bee

Photography: Me, Kate, & extremely friendly stranger
Kate & I were unintentionally matchy on Sunday when we attended In The Mood at The Overture. We were told we "looked darling" and other lovely compliments. We were among the youngest in the audience. Kate wore a princess dress & I wore this incredibly comfortable wrap dress in a color I would not normally choose for myself. I liked it. It was purple, but a very warm purple & I thought it looked good with pops of red. 
In The Mood is a 40s Big Band Revue with 6 dancers. They took us through the era in song, dance, & costumes. It was narrated as if we were actually in the 40s, & when the war was over & "the boys came home"...they went through each branch of the military & asked audience members who had served to stand up for each as they continued to play & we clapped to honor them. So many of the men had tears in their eyes (there were also some women), that made my eyes well up too...and then they played "Danny Boy". Unfair. The orchestra & dancers were fabulous (the singing was just good). One member of the band started his career when he was 19 playing for Ella Fitzgerald! 



No comments:

Post a Comment