Monday, January 13, 2014

Experiments in Pattern Mixing VI

 Dress: Addison Dress from Igigi via Gwynnie Bee (click on link to get a free month & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Boots: Gripfast in Antique Gold
Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo
These are the first photos on my blog taken with my new Canon Rebel. We took pictures with my iPhone & compared (the last shot here is from my phone). These looked better. Warmer. Sharper. Super Boo played with them & even took out the ugly gas grill! I'll still be posting mostly iPhone photos until we get better at this. 
I am not a big fan of blue, but I adore the print on the lower half of this Igigi dress, like a silk scarf. I also really liked the matching contrasting band at the waist & neckline. 

I wore this dress to work & to taste some wine at Kate's house. And to get stuck in a rat trap. Super Boo posted this about the incident on Facebook:
Life Pro Tip: When leaving the house, endeavor to not catch a 4" wide, 12" long rat glue trap on the seat of your dress, then sit on it, burying it deep into the folds of your habit and the major cleft of your bodily self. Practical advice, given here for free. 
See, (you may not want to read this if you like furry creatures) we had this varmint in our pantry/basement steps/basement area that was making a terrible mess, eating all our food, & gnawing on our wooden door. I guessed it was a squirrel. When I mentioned it to Kate she said, remember when we had a squirrel in the basement & it was eating the dog food & you didn't believe me? No, no I don't remember that. What did we do? She said we trapped it in the dog food bag & let it go outside. I guess I have gotten crueler with age because this current squirrel is now a former squirrel. And I feel bad. Our local Humane Society posted a photo of a baby squirrel being bottle fed today & was looking for homes to foster orphaned baby squirrels. Guilty!  

5 comments:

  1. hi mechel, as so many other people here, i too found your blog thru gwynnie bee. have been reading thru it and have been enjoying it immensely.,, until the furry debacle... i am a furry creature lover, so i never like hearing of the demise of one. they get hungry just like anyone else so who could blame them getting into things that we don't like them to get into? it's our job to critter proof our stuff since they don't know any better... however, since you seem to feel remorse i am back in your corner as one of your many fans! :0) you seem like a fun and wonderful person! and i adore looking at all your photos of you in the many gwynnie bee outfits, which you completely rock! cheers! kym still (if you have a facebook account, please, by all means, friend me!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a fantastic outfit! definitely not just an experiment. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, I'm trying to decide on this dress right now... And your photos have put me over the edge, I'm getting it! I, personally love Blue, and now after seeing the details like the super cool pleats and how the neckline lays (on a real model!) I feel much more confident sticking it in the closet.

    Thanks! Can't wait to browse through your blog more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was a really fun dress and I think you'll like it. Thanks for stopping by and for taking the time to comment!

      Delete