Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Put A Bird On It...or A Felted Flower

              Dress: Bird Print Wrap Front Dress from ASOS Curve via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Sweater: Lane Bryant
Leggings: Roamans
Shoes: Fluevog
Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou
I wore this outfit to (finally!) get a haircut!! I was long overdue. I was trying to ignore it, but Kate kept harassing me. This is what happens every time I get a haircut...I can't stand it one minute longer, so I call to make an appointment & am told Gen's next available spot is 2 weeks out. Every time. I am never going to be one of those people that books my next appointment at the end of my haircut. 

This ASOS dress was hanging out at my house for weeks. I wasn't sure I was even going to wear it. I didn't have a single cardigan that matched any of the colors in this dress...crazy! Well, that's not entirely true, I had a green cardigan that would have worked, but I *need* a mustard cardigan. I guess that's my point. I actually thought about cutting this sweater down the middle...for several seconds. I ended up liking this dress despite not being a fan of the bird craze. I don't want to put a bird on it! However, I did happen to have this necklace with a bird on it, so I felt I had to wear that. As usual, this ASOS dress ran big & fit me in a 24 even though it had no stretch. 
After getting my haircut, I made Kate leave work to take photos of me before she went to lunch. She's such a good friend. Then, at home I was reading Facebook, like you do...& came across a post from the woman who owns Absolutely Art  (a shop that sells locally made art) who mentioned a class they were having that day...at 2pm. It was nearly 1:30. I wildly abandoned my fear of change...too sudden! No time to plan! No one to go with! Mentioned it to Super Boo, who said go! Have fun! Not having an excuse to stay home...I went. I was quite proud of myself to step outside my comfort zone & it was actually nice. And I made this lovely felted flower that now has a forever home on my orange winter coat. 


No comments:

Post a Comment