Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Easter Brunch

 Dress: Ruched Waist Dress in Polka Dots from Jessica Howard via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigan: Lane Bryant
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this dress to Easter Brunch at my house. I've had several of these Jessica Howard dresses from GB & I obviously really like them. The ruching is just fantastic. I like the fabric, the length, the fit...the down side is, pointless zipper & the neckline sags slightly. Jessica Howard runs a size big which works out great for me because the line stops at size 24, which is what I am wearing here.
There is a coffee shop in my favorite neighborhood, Mother Fools, that has a rotating graffiti wall. Sinister Easter Bunny was up there for the holiday. 
This is the other side of their building...I liked how the wind was blowing out my skirt. Meep.
I am wearing my brand new MAC Korean Candy lipstick & OPI's A Roll in the Hague. 
I've been having Zombie Jesus Brunch at my house for over a decade. For several years now I've wanted to attempt making cinnamon rolls & this year I finally did! And, oh....they were good. The rising, it was like magic...twice! I've never made anything that had to rise before & I was certain it wouldn't work. Behold...
The brunch menu: I made caramelized onion, shiitake, pork, thyme, havarti strata (& a vegetarian one without pork & with parmesan cheese); scalloped potatoes with 4 kinds of cheese; cinnamon rolls with cream cheese frosting; bagels with lox, red onion, cream cheese, & capers. Kate brought champagne, sparkling wine, fruit salad with ginger syrup, sweet potato/beet hash, & Gail Ambrosius chocolate/peanut butter eggs & hens, & chocolate covered candied ginger. Jason (the lone vegetarian) made tempeh bacon. Elly & Josh made bread pudding with a marvelous bourbon sauce. Angie & Toby brought a salad with homemade dressing & carrot coffee cake. We had a lot of food. It was all delicious. 
I can't believe I didn't get a picture of the reason for brunch...mimosas! We started off with a nice bottle of champagne, then went into the sparkling wines & mimosas...oh, sparkling wine...is there anything you can't do?

No comments:

Post a Comment