Sunday, May 18, 2014

To My Sweet Fluffy Ruffles

 Dress: Dina Dress in Cherry Blossom from Cherry Velvet via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Shoes: Born
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone & Canon Rebel)
I wore this springy cherry blossom dress to a craft show & to a postcard show. I love Cherry Velvet dresses, but the fit of this one was not like the others. Normally the dresses fit me tightly on top & are full on the bottom. This one was fairly tight on the bottom too & was not as flattering as they usually are. Cherry Velvet dresses run a size big & I am wearing a 3x. 
I checked out a craft show they were holding in a gay bar, but it was too dark for my old eyes to see very well, so I didn't stay long. I did rather like the lightbulb addition to this old candlestick phone. 
I had never been to a postcard show before, but I had heard of this one through Anthology's Facebook page & I thought it would be fun to go to. There were many chairs in front of the many tables & I could have spent all day flipping through the endless boxes full of interesting postcards. 
I was most fascinated by the ones that had been used & the messages sent so long ago. To My Sweet Fluffy Ruffles...who were you? 
I found a postcard from my hometown of Marquette, Michigan...most of those gorgeous buildings are still standing. And I liked the vintage postcard of Madison's State Street with the green trolley. 
People from the past.

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous! Got the link from GB and just wanted to leave you a little positive feedback!

    ReplyDelete