Saturday, June 21, 2014

A Play in the Woods

 Dress: Mini Paisley Fit & Flare Dress by Spruce & Sage via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month)
Cardigan: Lands' End
Sandals: Dansko
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit to see a free concert on the lake & on another day to see a play in the woods with Kate and Super Boo. I adored the pattern of this dress, like a peacock feather paisley pattern, I also liked the blue sash & matching neck & sleeve trim. I disliked the shape of this dress, it stated it had an empire waist, but the waist was at the natural waistline...however, I tied the belt higher & pulled the elastic waist up...but that kept slipping down as you can see in these photos. Also, the armholes on this dress were out of control...there was no way I could wear this without a cardigan over it because my entire bra showed from the sides. 
I had seen Kishi Bashi's Tiny Desk Concert on NPR, so when I heard he was playing out on the Memorial Union Terrace for free, I was eager to go. I sat behind the stage, on the lake, away from the crowd. It was a lovely evening, but he sounded completely different at this venue & I have to admit I was a bit disappointed. 
The day of our first play of the season at American Players Theatre (APT), The Importance of Being Earnest, was rainy...but we decided to chance it & not reschedule. We buy our tickets the minute they go on sale & I did not want to sacrifice our front row seats. Siri took us a different route than we usually go...at first I was nervous...change!...but it ended up being much more scenic. So, yay, Siri! 
I made us a tuna orzo salad with kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, & some farmers' market additions of spinach, pea vine, asparagus, & sungold tomatoes. It was delicious. Kate provided the sparkling wine. We picnicked in Super Boo's truck rather than get rained on outside. 
Kate bought us rain ponchos so we wouldn't get soaked. It drizzled for about the first 30 minutes of the play. They had to come out & wipe the stage before they set up...
This was the best performance I've ever seen of The Importance of Being Earnest & I believe this was my 6th time seeing it. It is one of my favorite plays...worth sitting in the rain for. 

1 comment: