Thursday, June 12, 2014

Antique Flea Market & Garage Sales

 Dress: V-Neck Knot Dress from Lands' End (birthday present from Super Boo)
Leggings: Roamans
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this super comfy dress to the Elkhorn Antique Flea Market with Angie & Toby, then on another day to go garage sale-ing with my friend Paula. This Lands' End dress is perfect for throwing on &  not having to think about it...the neckline stays in place (no worries that my bra is hanging out), the length is long enough not to have to think about if my underwear is showing when I bend over. Plus, I love the colors & pattern. 
 Olive says...you've been gone all day, I missed you!
Some of the treasures at the flea market. Holy buckets, that place was overwhelming...it went on forever. There was so much fantastic stuff & not a lot of junk...but it was also priced accordingly. It was soooo much fun to see such an abundance of fabulousness everywhere I looked. I wanted it all! Ok, if I could have just taken home that fishbowl stand & the the table next to it with the woman holding it up. Yes. If only those things could have come home with me, I would have been incredibly happy. I have wanted to go to this flea market for years & I'm so glad I finally did. It takes place several more times before the season ends...I think I will make it my goal to go to the last one in September. 
This is what *did* come home with me...3 old wedding photos & 4 door knobs. Back when I was 19 & my grandma died, I got a bunch of her old wedding photos...both from her marriage to my grandpa & from her first marriage to a man who died in WWII. I thought they were so incredibly beautiful...I have been fascinated by old wedding photos ever since. And I just love old fancy doorknobs, plates, & escutcheons. I also bought a piece of wrought iron fence that I didn't take a photo of. 
And then there were garage sales...Paula & I hit this garage sale first because it was the only one I put a star by...it just sounded like it could be something wonderful...& it was. I normally don't have any luck at garage sales...I hear about & see all the fantastic bargains everyone gets...but I go to one full of crap & give up. So, hitting the jackpot right away was really awesome. This couple has this sale every year...they are antique dealers & this is where they purge. I think we were there for an hour & a half. We only had the energy for one other sale that day before heading home. 
 This was my garage sale haul...

 And there's more...

1 comment: