Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Sunday's The New Saturday

 Dress: Swing Dress with Lace Sleeves by ASOS Curve via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Necklace: Me
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Kate, Super Boo, & Me (iPhone)
I wore this outfit on the Sunday before Memorial Day, which makes it like a Saturday, right? I originally planned to wear this dress out to dinner with my parents, but when I changed into it on Friday night...I discovered the lace sleeves were full of holes. Ok for a punk show, not ok for a nice dinner. I liked this dress...it was comfortable & I put it on this day because I was running some errands & hanging out at home & didn't care how I looked...plus I *really* wanted to wear these yellow teggings. I've had them for a while, but every time I put them on....they just aren't right. So, cute dress & lots of photos of things I normally wouldn't post because I would typically not be wearing something I'd want photographed. 
Holes in the sleeves. Both of them. Not acceptable. I'd like to say this is the first time this has happened with GB, but it's not. In the last few months I've received damaged dresses, unwashed dresses, & horribly long waits for the clothing I pay the same monthly fee for as when they sent me twice as many garments a month. It's sad. It makes me sad. I stick with them because they will be opening a much larger warehouse soon with more employees & my hope is that they will go back to being awesome. Because they really *were* awesome. 
Brunch with the girlie at a new-to-us spot, jacs. Better than a Mimosa, The Colonist!!  Cava, ginger liquor, Limoncello, & a lemon twist...heavenly. Crab Cake Benedict, Breakfast Tacos, & not a cinnamon roll. They had run out of their homemade cinnamon rolls & offered us this replacement...I think it was a blueberry raspberry turnover with creme fraiche? Whatever it was, it was delicious. 
I wish this was a hat! I NEED this hat!! Trying on a peacock wreath at Michael's...
At home, cuddling on the couch with Super Boo & Olive...she's a licker. 
We picked up a set of 4 chairs at a garage sale several years ago for $10! I've been meaning to paint them...
 Color! The 2 not pictured are red & purple. 
Super Boo set up a cart for our fire. We've got all the fixings for hot dogs, grilled cheese, & s'mores...
 Mmmmm, farmer's market asparagus cooked over the fire *swoon* it's to die for. And David's wiener. There may have been a lot of wiener & wood jokes that night. Because...once 12, always 12. 
 I'd lick your plate, just sayin'...
 Not begging...
 S'mores, finger licking good...
Super Boo's marvelous fire (we discovered we *really* like birch...it didn't spark at us at all) & Olive love...

No comments:

Post a Comment