Friday, September 12, 2014

2 Work Outfits (July 24th & 25th)

Dresses: Side Ruched Sheath Dress (left) by London Times (size 24); Tiana Maxi Dress by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (click link to get a free month & help me earn a free garment for a month (this offer ends in October)
Sandals: Born (green) & Clarks (red)
Jewelry (left): Earring from ebay; Necklace, gift from S. Boo; (right): Necklace & Earring: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me (iPhone)
I wore this London Times dress to work. The pops of color were delightful...but there was too much white for me...I am so predictable. This dress had shoulder pads. Just think about that for a minute. I haven't worn an item of clothing with shoulder pads since 1987. This dress could not have gone out in public on me without the leggings...the wrap part of the skirt exposed a lot of thigh when sitting down. 
However, my blue nails from the day before were a match, as well as the door to our office building (which also contains too much white).
I wore this maxi to work, SWAP, & to a garage sale. The fabric on this dress was not up to Igigi's usual standards & it felt boxy on me. It had pockets & also came with a solid blue sash that I wish I had remembered to wear. It was incredibly comfortable & I felt like I was wearing a nightgown all day...if only it hadn't looked the part. Also, not a fan of the pattern. Picky picky! 
I wonder why SWAP hasn't been able to sell these fascinating books? SWAP (Surplus with a Purpose) sells items UW & other state offices no longer want. We like to check it out & have found many interesting items over the years. 
Church Rummage Sale finds. 20 Nancy Drew books...I used to love these as a young girl! And 2 Mary statues for the garden. 
David bought me this acorn necklace after a psychic declared it my symbol of letting good things into my life & heart. I have seen a psychic one & only time shortly after my best friend from high school committed suicide. I went with a group of his family & friends & it was a really incredible experience. 
I bought this jewelry myself because I liked it...it has no story. 

No comments:

Post a Comment