Sunday, January 11, 2015

Short Dress/Nude Lips

 Dress: Fit & Flare Sweater Dress with Lace Sleeves by Eliza J (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for $10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Dansko
Bracelet & Black/Chain Necklace: Vintage
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Lipstick: Bronze Shimmer by MAC
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this short black dress on a lovely sunny day in California. There is much less dress here than I feel comfortable wearing (I'm 5'7"), but it's good to step outside your comfort zone once in a while, right? I liked the fit of this dress, with the exception of the incredibly tight lace sleeves & the length. I was the first person to get this acrylic garment, & it was pilling after a few hours of wear. The weirdest part of this dress though is the cuffs...they are like a sweatshirt cuff & clash with the dainty lace sleeves. Odd. 
Super Boo, his mom, & I spent some time at his grandma's house this day. Across the street & down a business driveway, there was this huge tree heavy with citrus that we'd been lusting after all week...it looked like a lemon tree...sadly, when we finally walked over to it...it was just an orange tree...but sooooooo extravagantly overflowing.
I stepped outside my comfort zone in another way on this day...nude lips. What do you think?
Black celebration...

2 comments:

  1. You look fabulous and the orange tree is a lovely photo backdrop. xx

    ReplyDelete