Thursday, March 5, 2015

2 Days of Girlie Fun!

 Dress: V-Neck Lace Dress with Blush Lining by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free/$10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Leggings: Roamans
Skirt: Lane Bryant
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Black Necklace, Bracelet, & Earring: Vintage
Boots: Doc Marten
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this lingerie-like not-really-a-dress 2 days in a row. Not because I liked it that much, but because after looking at these first photos that Super Boo took...I realized this dress was too short even for leggings. Leggings aren't pants. I wore it this way to work & run errands with Super Boo. Later that night I added the lace skirt to go to a concert with Kate, but the lighting was too shadowy to get photos, so on it went the next day to farmers' market, brunch, & wine tasting. 
I thought it was much cuter with this asymmetrical lace skirt underneath. I love these fancy Docs Super Boo got me, close up here. The shortness of this dress & the blush lining make this a boudoir look, but I think the Docs, skirt, & more dramatic black jewelry make it 80s Madonna public acceptable. 
Kate & I went to Chocolaterian to see one of our favorite Madison bands, Elks Teeth & Rabbits Feet. I enjoyed sipping Blueberry Rooibos out of her tea bag cup...I like my hot drinks room temperature. 
Our getting old & deaf girlie ears cracked us up as we kept mis-hearing each other. You want rough sex? (I'm feeling restless)...You need to eat meat? (I need that EP). 
I was so busy being full of envy over this fabulous colorful crocheted cardigan, that I didn't realize it was being worn by a woman we used to go to Tai Chi classes with. Thank goodness...otherwise I wouldn't have been able to get a photo. I need this cardigan in my life. 
Kate & I split the molasses & ugly cookies (chocolate chips, cocoa nibs, pistachios, & toffee)...I took the caramel tart home to Super Boo. The cupcakes were our anniversary gift from Cupcakes-a-go-go...I chose Brandy Old-Fashioned. 
The next morning, the girlie & I went to farmers' market, then had brunch at Cento. This may be the best Eggs Benedict I've ever had & I'm an Eggs Benedict connoisseur. It's the porchetta & fire grilled bread. And an ample pour of hollandaise. 
Adorable girlie at the library! I totally checked her out. 
And finally...wine! I adore girlie time with my girlie!! 

Bold lips, subtle eyes.
Nude lips, smokey eyes.
The end.

2 comments:

  1. That is a lovely outfit, and your food pics are making me hungry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the dress with the lace skirt underneath! The crochet cardigan is so cool too.

    All of the food looks delicious, especially the cookies!

    ReplyDelete