Thursday, March 19, 2015

Make My Own Deodorant? Check.

 Top: Kloey Top in Cerise Curve by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free/$10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month
Skirt: Skater Skirt in Burgundy by Lucie Lu (size 5x) via GB's Try Then Buy program ($15)
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Dansko
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this burgundy & orange outfit to a doctor's appointment, work, & to make deodorant. I adored the colors in this Igigi empire waist top! I also liked the fit. The pattern was great from a distance, but up close all those blobs that read as lines from far away were too modern? impressionistic? for me. You might also notice the "line" at the bottom of my boobs curves down in a sad face making my breasts appear saggy. I might have bought this top if not for that. The skirt I bought last year from GB & have worn with a floral top & with a black sweater
My friend Angie has been making her own deodorant successfully, so I wanted to give it a try. I used the same recipe she's been using. I stored it in that sealable container in the middle & used some of my BPAL oils to make it smell pretty. Sadly, my body heat made this really goopy while I was mixing it, so I kept adding more baking soda until it seemed perfect...however, once it set...it was harder than I would have liked. Also, to be honest...I'm afraid to use it. I will though...when I'm spending time with someone daring enough to stick their nose in my pits to confirm it is doing its job.
I wish this lipstick had photographed better...it is a sparkly orange OCC Lip Tar called Manhunter. 
Isn't this penny-farthing necklace the cutest thing?!

3 comments:

  1. This is very apt, as my armpits have been driving me bananas recently. They've been so itchy and dry I can't wet shave them or they'll drive me bonkers with the itching. Hopefully this mixture will moisturise and help the itching, as well as keeping nasty chemicals away from me. Thanks for sharing, and I love the top, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Leah. I am loving my homemade deodorant now...I was afraid to wear it at first.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely stunning post! I am so pleased to see these pictures and the tutorial was amazing. I would love to try it out. Well, lately I am finding suggestions for affordable yet very spacious Chicago venues for my holiday party. Could you please help in this?

    ReplyDelete