Sunday, March 15, 2015

Story Slam: Worst Job

Dress: Neon Check Dress by City Chic (size XXL) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free (or $10, they keep changing the offer) & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Cardigan: Willow Bay (Savers)
Tights: We Love Colors
Shoes: Born
Necklace: Vintage (garage sale find)
Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
I wore this incredibly fun outfit to attend Story Slam with Kate. I LOVED this dress!!! It was my first scuba fabric AND my first City Chic! LOVE. I was a bit wary of the XXL (size 24) fitting my size 26/28 (55-50-64) body, but the fit was perfect, as was the length (I'm 5'7"). The fabric was thick & heavy, but in a good way...it felt nice & was well made. The plaid & pops of orange made me happy. 
I kind of adore this photo of me losing my balance, I don't know why. Kate wearing jeans! They were from GB & too big. But look how pleasantly bright we are!
Kate brought us lovely wine to drink & cheese & crackers to nibble on. Story Slam has outgrown its old venue, so this was the first time at the new place...the best part is since the community center doesn't sell food or beverage...we could bring our own. 
This guy told the first & best story of the evening (you can listen to it over on the Madison Story Slam Podcast {the guy that runs the story slam tells a short story first}). 
Purple & Orange! Sadly, this fabulous orange necklace's paint began cracking & peeling...orange bits kept falling off me all night. 


No comments:

Post a Comment