Monday, April 13, 2015

Breakfast Club, 30th Anniversary

 Dress: Tangerine Prism Dress by MM2 (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month for free/$10 & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Tredair
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Cindy Forrester
Photography: Kate, Jason, & Me (iPhone)
Stats: 55-50-64
I wore this adorable frock to have dinner, drinks, & see a movie with the girlie. I immediately purchased this dress...how could I not? Orange! I'm so predictable. I am in love with everything about this dress with the exception of the waist placement...I wish it were an empire waist, or at least a bit higher. MM2 is a collaboration between Melissa Masse & Jaclyn McCabe, & this dress is a similar cut to Melissa Masse's "Magic Dress". The slinky fabric is lovely to touch & the pattern is fantastically fun. I also appreciated that the edges of the neckline & sleeves were finished with solid black...I thought it framed the dress nicely. 
I was planning on wearing boring black shoes with this outfit until Super Boo brought me these shoes from the 90s. I never would have picked them myself & I ended up loving them with this dress. 
 The cuteness that is Kate...in Leota via GB. 
Jason stopped by to cuddle with Kate, so we have girlies x 2 in 1 photo! Blurry, but adorable...Jason & Kate...
Merchant had just released their spring cocktail menu the day before...so there were all kinds of new libations to imbibe. We managed to try 5 of them. Along with homemade pasta & a beet spinach salad. My first drink was Total Eclipse of the Tart....
But I couldn't totally eclipse the tart, she's too pretty! Key Lime pie for dessert. My favorite drink of the evening was the Phyllis Diller- St. George Dry Rye Gin, housemade cucumber oleo citrate, Bittercube Jamaican #2 Bitters, & dill tincture. 
Then, the event of the evening...seeing The Breakfast Club in the theater for the 30th anniversary showing. I saw The Breakfast Club when it was first released with Shane. This, along with Pretty in Pink were my 2 favorite movies from my high school years. It was still just as wonderful 30 years later. 

2 comments:

  1. Those shoes are super-cute! I love flamey '90s stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Laura! I haven't worn those shoes in well over a decade. My sweetie brought them to me & said...how about these?

      Delete