Tuesday, May 19, 2015

2 Dresses I Did Not Feel Pretty In

This is my Mitzy pose, I am saying, "Hi, my name is Mitzy, so very nice to make your acquaintance." I was wearing this cardigan the normal way & Kate suggested this 80s preppy look...I actually used to wear sweaters this way when I was in middle school. 
 Dress: Tweedy Tribal Dress by Nic + Zoe (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Old Navy
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Kate & Me (iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore these 2 dresses on consecutive days & am sticking them together because I wasn't thrilled with either of them...but I try to wear everything GB sends me. Nic + Zoe is a brand I like, but this dress (also worn by Kate below) was just too boring...it was heavy (but soft) & felt like a kitchen rug my mom had in the 70s. The fit was boxy & I hated the navy seams...they puckered & laid weirdly on my butt. 

I wore this unfortunate outfit to drive to Verona to distribute brochures for couple therapy, take Olive for a walk around the neighborhood, & pick Kate up...we attempted to take pictures with the wienermobile, but the sun was not cooperating. 
 It's a girlie in green & orange tights...who looks cute in everything!
 Dress: Understudy Polka Dot Sweater Dress by Poppy & Bloom (size 4x) via GB
Teggings: Re/Dress
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Fluevog, vintage 90s
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: eBay
I wore this ridiculous outfit to go to my first garage sale of the year & to pick up Super Boo from the airport. Had this dress been black, I would have liked it...however, it was grey, which is so not a good color for me. The fit & length were great & it was lined. A lovely dress, just not for me. I decided to have fun with it & add clown colors to distract from the grey. The only thing I found at the garage sale were 2 scarves. The orange & black floral pictured above is a stunning dress Kate got me to wear for my birthday. I was complaining in The Girls of GB rant thread that I had no pretty GB at home to wear for my birthday weekend...so she bought me a City Chic dress....isn't she the sweetest?!
My make-up for the day, including my new Make Up Forever orange eyeshadow mixed with Nars & MAC's Korean Candy lipstick. 
Dragon from Urban Decay's Vice 3 palette mixed with the lime & orange shadows from MUFE, the same MAC lipstick from the day before, & OPI My Gecko Does Tricks from the Spring 2015 collection on my nails.
I am in love with the necklace/earring combination above & need to remember to wear it again with an outfit I like.
At least there's always pretty jewelry...

No comments:

Post a Comment