Sunday, May 10, 2015

Sewing Summer

Dress: Fit & Flare in Fiery Red by London Times (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn an extra garment for a month)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Clarks
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this fiery red dress on the weekend to run errands. The color of this fit & flare is AMAZING & the eyelet fabric is fun for summer. I loved the pleats at the neck, but I'm not certain why the material pulled across my chest as this dress was not tight on me, it's too bad because that is the only thing that kept me from completely adoring it. The length was fantastic & I liked how the lining was several inches shorter than the dress because it allowed the light (or the yellow of my teggings) to show through.
One of the errands I ran this day was to check out the 50% off sale on clearance fabrics at Joann's. It was difficult to narrow it down to just the 4 below. I am especially excited about the last one because it reminds me of bed sheets from the 70s...so vibrant! I can picture a Cherry Velvet style dress made out of it. 
Speaking of Cherry Velvet...I fell in love with the material in this dress, so I was thrilled to find it on eBay for a steal. 
I have not sewn clothing in years, but it is one of my plans for the summer...to make pretty things!
I know it makes me look like a hotdog stand...but I LOVE red & yellow together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment