Sunday, June 21, 2015

Fit & Flare in Oscar's Yard

 Dress: Vibrant Damask Fit & Flare by Triste (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (click on my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Necklace: Me
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to work & to garage sales on one day & to farmers' market with the girlie on another. These house brand fit & flares are a great fit & shape. From a distance, I loved the pattern on this one, but close up...there is a lot of grey...which is an unflattering color on me. Kate thought it looked good. I have found I get an extra few inches when I get these dresses in a size up & I am happier with how they look. My only wish is they'd make these dresses in nicer fabrics as they always feel cheap to me. However, these are fabulously easy dresses to throw on to market or garage sale. 
Behind me is our herb garden...which I had to plant 3 times this year. Because...Oscar. Luckily, Angie lent us this handy wire hoop to put over it & it has been a success in keeping Oscar out. That pile of dirt is left over from his digging in the herbs. Poor Oscar...he just likes to have fun. 
Garage sale finds! I originally thought I'd use the yellow bowl for the dogs...but I looked it up & it was made by some famous mid-century designer...so perhaps I'll make a soufflé in it instead. The plates I picked up to use in mosaic...but I ended up thinking they were too pretty to break & I've been serving dinner on the green ones. The metal star is hanging in the backyard. 
My make-up that day included Urban Decay Chaos shadow from the Electric palette, Year of the Dragon shadow by Mon Ennui, & MAC lipstick in Head in the Clouds.

1 comment: