Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Harmonious Wail

 Top: Peplum Top in Mod Circles by Eloquii (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Skirt: Enwrapture Vintage Silk Sari
Cardigan: Avenue
Sandals: Clark
Earring: Babil & Bijou
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble to go to The Shitty Barn with Angie to see Mal-O-Dua & Harmonious Wail. This top was a disaster...it came to me pilled & stained. I wore it to this concert because it was a chilly night & I was mostly covered with a wrap to keep warm. I would have liked this top had it been in decent shape. I loved the colors & pattern mixing, so much fun! I had to take it a step further & pair it with one of my vintage silk sari skirts...there is no such thing as too many patterns...right?
Angie suggested we stop at a restaurant she'd heard good things about that was on our way, Bay 5 Diner. The cheese curds. *cue angels singing* I consider myself a cheese curd connoisseur & I have to say...these are the best cheese curds I've ever had. The garlic aioli didn't hurt either. Also, Wednesday night is BBQ night...Angie & I both had the brisket & it was delicious. Sadly, in looking up their Facebook page to link here, I discovered they may be closing this month unexpectedly due to their landlord not renewing their lease. I must have these cheese curds again! 
It was a chilly night at the barn, but the music was fabulous. I was a bit disappointed that Mal-O-Dua has gone from being gypsy swing, to vintage Hawaiian, but was pleased they did a bit of both. 
I cannot believe that this was my first time seeing the Madison based band, Harmonious Wail...although when I mentioned it to Kate...she was pretty sure we'd seen them play outside on the square. She is probably right. It is sad getting old & senile. 
My make-up that day included MAC Korean Candy lipstick & Flamepoint & Love+ shadows from Sugarpill's Burning Heart palette. 

No comments:

Post a Comment