Thursday, June 4, 2015

VBO

Top: Magenta Floral Wrap Top by Kiyonna (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Skirt: Lane Bryant
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born, thrifted
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Photography: Super Boo & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to work. I adore these Kiyonna wrap tops & when the opportunity came to get a brand new one for $20, I should have jumped at it. The reason I didn't was...I couldn't find a skirt other than black that this went with...boring. None of my sari wrap skirts were quite right & magenta is not the most flattering color on me anyway. But the top, LOVE. If I could have this top in a dozen solid colors...I would would wear them all the time. This is basically the perfect top. 
Let's talk about VBO, visible belly outline. I'm not really into bodycon...I've posted a few photos here, but was not comfortable enough in the dresses to wear them out & about. They make me feel too exposed as they cling to every bit of my body. I don't mind dresses that hug parts of me, just not all of me at once. I nearly switched this skirt out for one with a more flowing silhouette...but this was the one I had chosen in my head to go with this top...as it has a flounce at the bottom just like the top. So I wore it. I wore it because I'm not afraid of my belly, don't wear any shapewear, & I just wanted to. That's really the best reason of all to wear something...because you want to. Why am I bothering to mention it here? Because I think I'm pretty comfortable with my fat body, & it bothered me that I considered not wearing this skirt to work. What gave me pause was that I was worried our clients would feel uncomfortable. But then I thought about it...it's really important to me to help set our clients free to be themselves...& I can't really do that if I'm not being myself. So I am putting this here so you will know that even someone who has pretty good body acceptance still sometimes has doubts. If you need some VBO inspiration, check out Fuck Yeah VBO.
My make-up that day included Tropical Green liner by NYX, lime & tangerine shadows by Make Up Forever, as well as Freak & Trash shadows from Urban Decay's Electric palette, & MAC lipstick in Korean Candy. 
This necklace & bracelet are two of my favorite vintage pieces that aren't by Miriam Haskell. They are both Czech. I found the necklace decades ago at an antique show in the mall I worked at at the time & the bracelet I stumbled upon on eBay in the early 00s. 

No comments:

Post a Comment