Tuesday, July 14, 2015

A Lovely Saturday

 Dress: Fit & Flare Dress in Citrus Zebra Print by Mynt 1792 (size 26) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Naturalizer, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me (Canon Rebel & iPhone)
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to garage sales; farmers' market, brunch, & wine tasting with Kate; & to a birthday party with Super Boo. I wasn't expecting to like this dress as much as I did. The colors were fantastic, great fit & flare shape, nice length...I didn't even mind all the white, shockingly. I was especially excited to wear my pinot teggings Super Boo got me for Christmas...I thought I'd never find an outfit they matched & I liked how they brought out more of the dark colors in this mostly light dress.
The girlie in a hoochie mama GB dress...showing off her ginger dragon's pants...
After market brunch at Merchant, it's all about the mimosas. Then on to wine tasting at Square. 
My garage sales finds this day included...2 3-drawer storage bins for crafty bits, an iron (for sewing, I don't iron anything I wear), a vintage glass divided plate, marbles (for adding color to the outside world), a metal vase holder (for flowers to wrap around), & a pretty green glass jar.
It was the birthday of the director of the marriage & family therapy graduate program S. Boo & I attended. The party was in the shelter at Hoyt Park & as soon as we drove into the parking lot I recognized it as the place where my good friend Freddi had gotten married back in the mid-90s. It was the only time I had ever been there & I had forgotten where it was...it is a lovely old park with stone fireplaces & shelters built in the 30s. Super Boo & I sometimes eat lunch in a different area of the park as it is close to our office. Freddi died 12 years ago from cancer when she was only in her 30s. I can still see her smiling in her purple dress surrounded by sunflowers here on her wedding day. The memories of this place gave me a joyful peaceful feeling. 
Will & Diego....awwww, such a cute couple! We amused ourselves with 2 games I had never played before...Bananagrams & a drinking game where one person says the alphabet to themselves & when the person next to them says stop...the letter the person is on in their head is then used to say words that begin with it... around the table until someone pauses & can't think of a word...then drink...& start again. It was fun.
My make-up that day included...Deep Burgundy eyeliner by Stila, eyeshadows from Urban Decay's Naked 3 palette, MAC Rubenesque Paint Pot, MAC Dubonnet lipstick, & Colors by Llarowe's Show Me The Love on my nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment