Wednesday, August 26, 2015

JP Harris

 Dress: Faux Wrap Dress in Peacock Print by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Aerosoles?, thrifted 
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress to work on one day & to a concert on another. This dress was gorgeous, however, I felt it looked better on Kate. Whenever there is a forced tie at the natural waist, I am unhappy...I prefer an empire waist for myself. That, & the shortness, are my only complaints about this dress...otherwise, the psychedelic peacock pattern was marvelous & I adored how the skirt incorporated purple, but the top was just blues...coordinating, but not matchy matchy. This dress had pockets, which is not typical for this brand & an unnecessary zipper up the back. 
Angie & I drove to Spring Green to see JP Harris at The Shitty Barn. Doors are supposed to open at 6, but the band was still sound checking when we got there as they had driven nearly 12 hours from Tennessee & had gotten in later than intended. I've never seen the doors closed before...I adore old weathered things...I will be sad if they ever slap a new coat of paint on this place.
Grilled sweet corn chowder from Enos Farms made a yummy dinner. During break we also had dessert...Angie picked the better of the two, the chocolate beetroot cake...moist & delicious. 
JP Harris & The Tough Choices played some good old-fashioned Honky Tonk music peppered with some great storytelling. While I'd normally say this isn't my kind of music...I bought both of their albums. 
My make-up with this dress included...Blueberry Swirl & Nougat eyeshadows from the Too Faced Semi-Sweet Chocolate Bar palette, Pretty Violet eyeliner from NYX, a mixture of MAC Bronze Shimmer & NYX Simply Vamp in Temptress on my lips, & OPI polish in Lost My Bikini in Molokini. I poked myself in the eye with eyeliner the day I wore this to work & ended up in urgent care the next day...so I was not able to wear eye make-up at the barn. 


2 comments:

  1. I am awaiting my first shipment from GB and followed member's photos here. May I just say thank you for posting? I love seeing all the GB (and other) fashions, and since we're the same height, same hair color, and only a size apart, your pics give me a great idea of how they'll look on me and perhaps move me out of my comfort zone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lisa (sorry I am rubbish at replying to comments...I really do appreciate them!)! I hope you are enjoying GB! It is SO helpful to see clothing on people who look like us. Have you joined The Girls of GB Facebook group? We share our daily outfits & complain about GB's slow shipping...it's fun :)

      Delete