Sunday, September 27, 2015

Private Lives

 Dress: Sleeveless Dress in Red Houndstooth by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Fly London
Necklace: Babil & Bijou
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to have a mani/pedi & out to Indian buffet & to see a play at American Players Theatre with Super Boo. I was so excited to wear a dress that wasn't floral!!! I adore floral, but I also like other prints & houndstooth is a classic. I loved everything about this dress with the exception of the saddlebags...isn't that what they look like?? I felt it added a country western vibe to the dress that I wasn't feeling. Lovely fabric, thin enough for warm weather...but with the added cardigan...perfect for a late summer evening. 
I bought these Fly London shoes on eBay a few months ago, but this is the first time wearing them. I am in love! Cute & comfortable.
Showing off my mani/pedi. I am wearing The Thrill of Brazil on my nails & Amore at the Grand Canal on my toes, both by OPI. I couldn't decide which one I liked better! 
Normally, I do my own nails...it was what I did for a living before becoming a therapist. But Super Boo encouraged me to treat myself...so I did. I wanted to try out 2 different places, so first I went to Aniu for a manicure with Dana. She was so much fun to talk to that I didn't take any photos. I'd been there once before for the best facial of my life. My deluxe manicure was luxurious. I could spend an entire day there being pampered. Then I was off to Elevation for a spa pedicure...the pedicure was lovely, however, my manicurist was not very friendly. The view of downtown was pretty to look at, but I will go back to Dana at Aniu for future nail needs.
Noël Coward's Private Lives was spectacular...the acting, the sets, the gorgeous 30s costuming...a wonderfully written play outside on a gorgeous night...perfection. 
The bottom 2 photos I found online as APT frowns on photo taking while actors are on stage. 
My makeup on this day included...Sugarpill Love+ eyeshadow, along with Urban Decay's Sin & Half-baked, with Nars Cruella on my lips. 

2 comments:

  1. Those sandals are amazing. I think my hairdresser has some shoes from them, handy for the long days on her feet. The dress is spoiled slightly by the saddle bags. I think some designers of plus size fashion need to calm themselves down with the pointless features and just concentrate on fit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of the Fly London shoes have too much of a heel for me, so I was excited to find these. Oh, plus size designers...when will you figure out what we like?

      Delete