Thursday, February 4, 2016

40th Birthday Girlie

 Dress: Skater Dress in Red with Keyhole by Julian Taylor (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee, Try Then Buy (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Liz & Me, thrifted
Shoes: Boden, garage sale
Earring: etXarte
Bracelet: Age Before Beauty
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to work on one day, then several days later to work again & to Kate's birthday wine group. I couldn't quite bring myself to send this dress back despite not loving the boob window...which is not a very good thing to wear to work. However, when the dress passed Kate approval & it was on sale for only $30...I had to keep it. Also, it is nearly the same dress as this (without the cutout, but an odd waist placement)...& I have been sad I let it go ever since. This dress hit me just at the knee, had a fabulous flare to the skirt, & had no defined waist...which I love...I prefer an empire waist or none (notice how the similar dress I linked to had a waist that hit me in a random area). This red was more persimmon than a true red...warm & bright, nearly verging on orange. Yes! Also, wonderful 60s vibe texture. My only complaint about this dress is the enormous exposed gold zipper in back trend that I despise. Now I'm glad I sent the first dress back & bought this one instead. As always, this brand runs a size large on me, so the 24 is a great fit. My tongue...it is always trying to escape my mouth...
It was cold & windy out on this day...so we opted for indoor photos at the downtown library...the lighting inside is never as good...but this background is the best...here is a full length photo of the bookend art display that you've seen here many times...
Snow! It didn't stick around long, but we've gotten so little snow this winter that it is still exciting. Doggies!
Kate turned 40! this week! When I met her she was a mere 23 & I had just turned 29. Instead of having a birthday party, she decided to just make her weekly wine group her celebration...luckily, I was invited. 
So much amazing wine...including a bottle of 1976 Chinon that is the same age as the girlie. 
Flourless chocolate torte with raspberries on top, delicious. I usually make the girlie cake, but another of her friends offered...so I cried, then made olive tapenade which is something we used to make a lot & I had forgotten how tasty it was. Smeared on baguette, it is delightful.
 Beware the girlie with a big knife & cleavage. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Kat von D Dark Wave eyeshadow as liner (it perfectly matched the blue in the shoes I wore the first time I donned this dress, for Kate's party I wore black liner), a mixture of Love + & Flamepoint eyeshadows from Sugarpill, NYX Russian Roulette lipstick combined with Blood Orange from Bite Beauty, & OPI nail polish in The Spy Who Loved me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment