Thursday, February 25, 2016

Every Day is Valentine's Day

 Dress: Tea Length Dress in Dahlia by City Chic (size XXL) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Dream of the Crop Cardigan in Burgundy (size 4x) via ModCloth
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Bandolino, thrifted
Earring: etsy?
Necklace & Bracelet: Age Before Beauty 
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit for Valentine's Day...out to lunch with Super Boo & to shop Savers 50% off sale. Despite Valentine's Day also being our anniversary (13 years), we don't celebrate. This dress was gorgeous, I mean...just look at that regal purple! It was that textured fabric I have grown to love & I liked the tea length on me & the way the full skirt pouffed out & draped...I felt like a 50s housewife. However, it would have been impossible for me to wear this sleeveless dress without a cardigan as my bra was sticking out all over...the neckline was extremely low, the straps were way off to the side...& holy cleavage when I sat down. Even my lowest plunge bra was not up to the task. This dress came with a wide belt, but I preferred to wear it without...there were enormous belt loops which also required a cardigan to cover up. 
I wasn't sure how this purple would pair with burgundy...but I wanted to wear this cupid necklace made from a vintage Valentine card & this was my only GB at home. I rather like the combination. Let's talk about this cropped cardigan...I am in love! I bought both this one & green around Christmas, on sale for ~$11 (both colors are no longer available). I have since gotten it in other colors. I didn't think cropped cardigans were for me until I found this Torrid polka dot one at Savers...now they are my new favorite thing. I felt like this dress deserved an event to go to, so I kept it at home for several weeks...I really let this dress down. On this day I was going to go see Davina & the Vagabonds, but decided to stay home. I have to confess...I do that A LOT. I get many comments that I always do such fun things...but I'm really a total homebody. And I hate crowds. You'll see this dress again next week styled a different way (spoiler alert: I backed out of my plans on that day too). 
David & I LOVE Indian buffet...but our usual place has gone downhill, so we decided to give our previous favorite restaurant, Maharaja, another try (it has been years)...SO good. And they were nice to us, just like they used to be at Maharani before a total turnover in staff. In fact, we liked it so much we've gone there 4 times in the last 10 days. 
Savers 50% off sale, day 1. I finally found a black cardigan with sequins! I also got a black velvet shirt with cherries, a Lane Bryant b&w polka dot dress with varying sizes of dots, grey velveteen pants for wearing around the house, a black cardigan, an extremely long magenta cardigan, more cardigans...then on the end...a purple cashmere sweater with a bit of argyle from Lands' End. So soft. 
Savers 50% off sale, day 2 (I actually wore the blue dress in my last entry on this day & got home just in time to blue bag it for the mailman). My finds this day...a pretty blue & green top, a polka dot button up shirt that also has a matching camisole, green argyle cardigan, & another Lands' End cardigan...fleur-de-lys *swoon*. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Deep Purple eyeliner from NYX; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Sonic, Alchemy, Bondage, Last Sin, & Freakshow; & Nars lipstick in Majella. 

No comments:

Post a Comment