Wednesday, March 9, 2016

70s Color Waves

 Dress: Taryn Dress in Color Waves by Igigi (size 26/28) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Talbots, thrifted
Shoes: Life Stride, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this outfit to work & run errands. I didn't immediately like this dress...I felt the shape was wrong for my body with the odd asymmetrical drape across my belly & the attached belt at the wrong place. It was the same style of dress as this one that I had last fall, but that one had an optional belt...I am guessing GB had these sewn on because they lose them so often. The cardigan saved this dress, gave me a shape, & allowed me to hide the belt. Also, can you believe the match of colors in the dress & cardigan?! I LOVE the colors in this dress...so autumn 1978. The material of this dress is lovely & as it's unlined...would work for any time of year. David was so taken with this dress that he very sweetly bought it for me.
I think next time I wear this dress, I'll bring out the turquoise...so many colors...so many possibilities!
Savers had a sale on housewares, so I picked up this vintage shallow green bowl & a file drawer. I'll use the bowl during brunch or other meals, to hold condiments...& the file drawer will store make-up...perhaps eyeshadow singles?
I'm so matchy matchy...I wish I could have found the orange earring I wanted to wear...I have not seen it in quite some time. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue, MAC eyeshadow in Coppering, Kat von D eyeshadow in Hyperballad, Bite Beauty lipstick in Toast, & OPI nail polish in I Sing in Color. 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this pattern mixing. The colors are just on point! I am wearing teal tights today so I am biased but I definitely agree you can go that direction too. But I love the dark orange.

    The pattern on the dress is just entrancing. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this outfit - it's deliciously retro, and since I was born in '74 these kinds of patterns remind me of childhood, which is always a nice thing. Your makeup is sublime here!

    ReplyDelete