Sunday, May 15, 2016

46th Birthday Party

 Dress: Scuba Dress in Pink Floral by Julian Taylor (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Avenue
Lace Leggings: Torrid (still available)
Shoes: Born
Necklace & Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble for my birthday party, then on another day to work. I own this dress in solid red & blue...but I resisted keeping this one...mainly because it's made of scuba fabric. The pink was delicate & the coral vibrant...with touches of yellow...stunning against the black background. Fabulous fit & flare shape...basically, this dress is perfect if you like scuba...which I think just feels too thick & heavy. This brand runs big, so a size 24 is the right fit for me. I wore a pink floral cardigan over this at my party, but only because I was running behind (as usual) & just grabbed the first one I could find. These photos were taken on the day I wore this outfit to work. 
I adore these Torrid leggings!! I bought them the last time they were having a 50% off sale...& only because I needed the donut leggings...but these are the ones I fell in love with in person. I thought they were going to be a lace & floral pattern...but they are actual lace. I hope I find lots of pretty outfits to wear them with this summer. Of course I immediately poked a hole in them as I was putting them on. 
We went to Shük for lunch & the sweet owner gave me free dessert & an Izze because David told her it was my birthday. Also, remember the lovely lady from The Girls of GB that offered me her dress that I loved but came to me in poor condition from GB? She oh-so-generously sent along an Igigi dress as well...how nice is that?!
We had planned on having 80s karaoke for my birthday...but I wasn't feeling it...it was a cool rainy day & I just wanted to cuddle up in bed with Super Boo & the doggies. But, bubbles had to happen! We started out the evening with Champagne...& a cute well-behaved doggy that matched Kate's dress...& pig cutting boards! Angie had brought me back a pig cutting board from a prison gift shop out east last summer & Kate gave me this one on this day. I love pigs...they are my third favorite animal (after dogs & elephants). 
How adorable are Kate & Jason?? I need to make a video some time because you just would not believe how adorable they are...
The bubbles continue...& fun with carrots. The girlies dress is from Cherry Velvet....tigers, rrrrarrrrr. I wanted one in burgundy, but they were sold out of my size. 
Kate & David strike a pose & bursting bubbles. Kate traditionally makes me a chocolate orange carrot cake...but this year they came in cupcake form...which I actually liked better....YUM! And Angie made lemon poppyseed cake with whipped cream & the most delicious homemade plum ginger jam. I did not fully appreciate it on this night...but a few days later when I put it on toast I swooned from the perfection of it. 
If it weren't for this picture...I would have forgotten we played Game of Things. Angie is barely in this shot...& Toby never made it into any photos. I have to fill my blog with pictures of Kate so she'll read it ;)
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero, UD eyeshadow in Flame, Sugarpill eyeshadow in Buttercupcake, Too Faced eyeshadow in Sprinkles, a mixture of lipsticks...Bite Beauty in Cranberry & Blood Orange and OCC in Trollop, & Woodstock by Colors by Llarowe on my nails. 

No comments:

Post a Comment