Sunday, May 22, 2016

When Doves Cry

 Dress: Isabella Swing Dress in Idelic by SWAK (size 4x)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Array, thrifted
Necklace, Bracelet, & Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress had to be mine...I knew that as soon as I saw it in the SWAK spring lookbook...it's the most fabulous 60s scarf print...& the colors *swoon*. And you know I'm all about swing dresses right now...sassy swing dresses...my new favorite thing. The flow of this dress is amazing...it's a light silky poly/spandex blend that can be worn year round. I got this in my usual SWAK size, 4x, but I could have easily sized down & still had plenty of room...however, I prefer the extra fabric in this case. This dress is nearly perfection...the only thing I would change is to shorten the sleeves because I prefer above the elbow length. 
I received this dress weeks ago & didn't notice there were a few places along the seams that the fabric had escaped the thread until I put it on. I called SWAK & was dreading having to complain...but I shouldn't have worried as they have exceptional customer service. The woman I spoke with told me they were out of my size, then went to check to make sure that was true...she told me my size options in this dress, as well as 2 other prints in this style & let me know she could issue a refund as well. I explained to her that it was all about the print...& she offered to take another $10 off the sale price I paid. The amount was back in my paypal account as soon as we got off the phone. I have been buying clothing from SWAK for years & this is the first time my order has not been perfect. Also, I've tried to sew on slippery fabric like this & it left me in tears. So, thank you SWAK for being awesome & friendly. 
Kate got us takeout from Shük...sweet potato falafel (I spared you the picture since I've posted it here a dozen times already)...& we hung out at her place listening to records. I forgot to take photos, but I *think* the 3 below are what she put on the turntable. 
I saw Purple Rain at the theater with my friend Tonya right before we started high school...I remember slow dancing to Prince during my first freshman dance...& listening to Darling Nikki & Head & so many other "naughty" Prince songs that made me feel grown up. Kate & I pondered which other important childhood musicians were left that we'd be sad to lose...I reluctantly agreed with her (only because it's been over a decade since I've liked anything she's done) that Madonna would be big. So, Madonna...try to make it through this year. Then Kate made me re-watch the Bitch I'm Madonna video that I had managed to erase from my mind. Why?!
The next day, as I was dropping off Kate at home after farmers' market...I noticed some garage sale signs in my favorite neighborhood...unplanned garage sale-ing finds include these gorgeous art nouveau soup spoons that the seller said she used to eat cereal with when she stayed with her grandparents (she was in her 60s)...I love hearing stories about the things I buy. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Deep Blue eyeliner from NYX; Kat von D eyeshadow in Swoon, Analogue, & Vinyl; Korean Candy lipstick from MAC; Blood Orange lipstick from Bite Beauty, & OPI nail polish in Get Cherried Away. 

No comments:

Post a Comment