Friday, May 13, 2016

Estrellón & Sparkling Wine...The Muffin Birthday Weekend Begins...

 Dress: Whimsy Wrap Dress in Evergreen by Kiyonna (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Lands' End (size 3x)
Leggings: Yours Clothing (still available)
Shoes: 9 West, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: former etsy seller
Bracelet: Vintage 80s, thrifted
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress on three different days...these Kiyonna wraps are flirty flouncy fun...I thought I might buy this, but it was less green than I hoped it would be...plus I already own this dress in red & black with white polka dots....oh, & a few different prints Super Boo bought me that I haven't even worn yet...good thing I sent it back. This dress fits me in both 4x & 5x...I prefer the 5x so I don't flash anyone as it gives me a bit more wrapping room. The fabric is light enough that this is a year round dress...it looks fab alone, but these solid color ones are fun to pair with pattern in cooler months...I prefer leopard, obviously. How amazing do these leggings look with this cardigan?! I thought of them as I was (late) running out the door to meet Kate for dinner...but I wore them the other two times I left the house in this outfit. This is my first time wearing this blingy leopard cuff since finding it at a garage sale last year...I LOVE it...Kate asked, how long have you had that? Oh, so someone else bought it in the 80s...I was going to give you a pass if you bought it in the 80s...
Dinner at Estrellón with my girlie...the start of my birthday weekend. Tapas...tuna, sardine, Maryland crab ceviche, fresh cheese curds with kimchi, & a jamón croqueta. 
Cocktails...Kate got a Hard Reset (St. George Botanivore & Uncle Val's botanical gins, lime & yuzu juices, yzaguirre dry vermouth, housemade rosemary honey syrup, radish) & I tried Special Agent Jack Rose (Hendrick's gin, St. George raspberry liqueur, lemon juice, housemade hibiscus claret syrup, Bittercube Jamaican #2 bitters, rosewater, cucumber, sparkling wine). 
I was crabby about it...but we ordered market vegetable paella (Kate's a pescatarian, however, Estrellón has decided all their seafood needs to involve meat)...with oyster mushrooms, ramps, spinach, castlevatrano olives, green garlic, fresh mozzarella, cherry tomatoes, & bomba rice. It was amazing...such a depth of flavor & perfectly balanced...& the crispy rice on the bottom of the pan *swoon*...we scraped off every grain. And I couldn't resist getting a glass of their delightful sangria (not as good as mine, but...). 
Kate with pretty spring flowers on our way out of the restaurant... me...are you taking pictures close enough to get my eye make-up?!? As you can see...I wore teggings on this day & much lighter lipstick. Pretty girlie in glasses throwing me a kiss...
Bubble tasting at Square Wine...Andrea loves her bubbles...
I also wore this outfit to farmers' market & on another day to work & run errands with David. I browsed magazines at Barnes & Noble while David picked out Mother's Day cards. Pizza at Sal's...SO delicious. 
Making deodorant...I decided to leave this batch unscented. The first time I made this I didn't take into account that my body heat was making the coconut oil goopy & I added too much baking soda...so this time I followed the recipe exactly & the consistency is perfect. Also, this works great...both David & I use it with no stinkiness issues. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Junkie; Too Faced eyeshadow in Creme Brûlée, Marzipan, & Gilded Ganache; MAC lipstick in Strength & Fresh Moroccan; & This Color's Making Waves nail polish by OPI. 

2 comments:

  1. Happy birthday weekend! I love this outfit and think I might have to try some teal and leopard print myself. I also think I need those leggings!

    ReplyDelete