Sunday, June 12, 2016

NO/NO & GGOOLLDD

 Dress: Smocked Waist Printed Chiffon Dress by City Chic (size XXL) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Born
Earring & Necklace: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I thought this dress was so darling just out of the box...the color is a gorgeous orangey red with two-tone purple flowers...stunning...the chiffon fabric had fabulous feminine flutter & I felt pretty wearing it. However...the smocking...I was thrilled there was smocking because this fabric has no stretch...but...it swoops under the bust & up the middle...this line, no matter how well-endowed you are or how supportive your bra is...creates the illusion of droopy boobs...& I don't want droopy boobs. I felt this effect was even worse on me as I am only a 46DD, which is itty bitty for my size, & did not come close to filling out the cups sewn in this dress. 
My third Scent Trunk delivery...I fear my initial thrill is wearing off. Evening Edged in Gold is the only scent here I sort of like...as in I wouldn't mind smelling it on someone sitting next to me, but it's not my type of fragrance...too floral. I'd probably adore New York 1955 if they were to take out the cotton candy smell as I like all of the other notes. 
Out to The Shitty Barn with Angie & Toby. The opening band, NO/NO, were a fun electro-poppy group...both Toby & I bought their record. 
GGOOLLDD turned out to be a sorority party band with an egocentric singer. I mean, I guess they were also a synth pop band (with a bit of Stevie Nicks thrown in), but for a much younger crowd. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Kat von D eyeshadow in Echo & Dark Wave, Buttercupcake eyeshadow by Sugarpill, Bite Beauty lipstick in Blood Orange, NYX Pro Lip Cream Palette in The Reds, & Apple of My Eye nail polish by OPI. 

1 comment:

  1. The dress is a lovely colour and pattern, but I see what you mean about the drooping effect. I don't think I've ever seen such a weirdly made dress. The Shitty Barn is the best name ever! :)

    ReplyDelete