Tuesday, July 26, 2016

Concerts on the Square: The Appian Way

 Dress: Knot Front Dress in Peri Check by Lucie Lu (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Dansko
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Vintage
Bracelet: Kate
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I threw this dress on to go to Concerts on the Square with the girlie after getting a pedicure & FINALLY prying the fruit dress off my body & mailing it back to GB. These colors & pattern were so not me that I had Kate take some quick snaps because I was quite sure this was going to go back without wearing it again...but Kate liked it...so I gave it another chance...with slight make-up & accessory adjustments. I adore these Lucie Ku knot front dresses...I've lost track of how many patterns I've worn...blue polka dot (that I own), navy & orange houndstooth (my fav), black with yellow dots (that I own), black bouquet, aztec acid, midnight rose (bought), night vision teal...& I know there are several more...but you get the idea. That sweetheart neckline just so flatteringly frames the chest. 
My 80s Miami Vice vibe goes delightfully with the LOVE wall. 
The first Concerts on the Square of the season (I'm *really* behind...this was June 29th) with my girlie & my new pedicure. 
We did not plan food ahead of time...but Kate brought this delicious sparkling róse. She ended up with African food from Buraka, while I decided on a baguette sandwich picnic from Fromagination with thee most amazing potato chips. This was a most lovely perfect evening with my girlie under the shade of this tree with gorgeous background music. There have been some stressful life events & this was just what I needed. 
I haven't been very good at documenting my garage sale finds...so I'm just going to stick them here since I went to several sales in this dress. This moss green bathroom cabinet was a great find with its mirrored back & curved glass sides...the whole yard sale was magnificent...a woman who had gotten there just before me had a pile going & there was this fun metal object that I had no clue what it was...so I asked & the lady running the sale said...we don't know, but it's a really great one. 
I found this amazing vintage sale in Lodi last summer when I drove Kate to hike...but since they told me they don't advertise, I hadn't gone again...until I came across their ad on Craig's List last month...I was SO excited! She told me they do 3 sales a summer & I told her THANK YOU for putting it on CL. 
After years of lusting after them...I finally got an old rusty metal plow tiller...someone had welded a stake on this one, so it was all ready to decorate the yard. I just LOVE old rusty things!
Chickens! Chickens came wandering out while I was browsing at this yard sale that was a fund raiser for this family's dog who had to have her leg amputated. There were no prices on anything...just give a donation if you felt like it. So I gave them a few dollars for our favorite game...The Game of Things...even though Kate has one & I'll never play without her. 
I picked myself up a coloring book at the dollar store...I was there in search of Lisa Frank coloring books for Kate. 
During the month of June...GB kept throwing Rimmel make-up in my boxes...I still haven't tried any of it yet. 
Savers sale...David found me 3 pairs of leggings to wear to bed, & I spied a few other things I *needed*.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in Zero; Sephora eyeliner in Brown; UD eyeshadow in 1985, Fastball, & Bones; Make Up For Ever eyeshadow in Lime; Quince lipstick by Bite Beauty; UD lipstick in Crush; OPI polish in My Gecko Does Tricks with Woodstock by Colors by Llarowe on top. 

No comments:

Post a Comment