Wednesday, August 17, 2016

All The Orange Dresses Do Not Have To Live At My House...

 Dress: Faux Wrap Maxi Dress in Tangerine by Taylor Dresses (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Aerosole, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage (bracelet, garage sale)
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I kept this dress for over a week because I thought I was going to buy it...I had it in floral print last summer & ended up finding that dress online for ~$15 on a discount site (Myhabit, RIP). This dress had the same issue the floral dress had...a horrible top...I have an enormous amount of fashion tape holding the neckline closed...most of the time, it came unstuck & was a mess. The problem wasn't the typical gaping or too low-cut...there was just soooo much material up top that without constant fussing...looked like a waded up sheet. Why was I considering buying it?! Pattern mixing AND orange!!! But in the end...I was happy to send it back. Also, I hated that grey stripe along the bottom. 
I need to get myself some navy sandals that I like...that was on my to do list this summer, but it never happened. 
My July Sephora Play! box...I love getting this every month. 

My other subscription box, Scent Trunk, I'm about to give up on. I think I might cancel after I receive the next one. I usually like 2 out of the 3 fragrances...but not enough to wear. My go-to scent for summer has been Angel by Thierry Mugler since 1994. I also enjoy mixing it up with various oil blends from Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab
I decided to check out Midwest Vintage Flea on my way to meet Kate for Saturday Farmers' Market...there was some cute stuff, but nothing in my size. I was hoping for interesting accessories. The Sunday Monona Market had Madison Area Ukulele Initiative playing fabulous pop hits for our produce browsing pleasure. 
I've been making zucchini noodles a few times a week...this time with pesto made from basil in our garden. Zoodles are so much better than pasta. 

I can't believe I never noticed this metal elephant in the backyard of a house I have driven by so many times. I LOVE him. 
My farmers' market haul...along with my garage sale loot (sequin fabric, Bedazzler, & grape etched glasses). Kate thought it was funny I put the purple sequins in with my veggies & wanted me to take a picture when I got home...so I did...this is for the girlie. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue, NYX Shadow Palette in Brights, Too Faced eyeshadow in White Chocolate & Champagne Truffle, MAC lipstick in Korean Candy, Blood Orange lipstick by Bite Beauty, & OPI nail polish in ?

No comments:

Post a Comment