Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufeld

 Dress: Sam Dress in Frog Print by Rachel Antonoff (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Array, thrifted
Necklace, Bracelet, & Earring: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Oh, shift dresses...why do you come in so many enticing patterns? I had to try this dissected frog dress...because...fun! At least 1/2 a dozen women sought me out at a concert to tell me how awesome my dress was...they just meant the print though...it is quite eye-catching. And that was the only thing I liked about this shift...but then, I suspected as much. The fabric was similar to scuba, but even thicker & heavier...& my land...it was *short* when sitting...most of the women who complimented me called it a top. The fit was way off, just like the other Rachel Antonoff dress I've worn...tight on the bottom, huge up top. Also, both of my arms could have fit into one armhole. 
The reason I don't like shift dresses...I could say it's because they aren't flattering, but eff flattering...I love a flowy swing dress. I guess I don't care for the shape they give me...I gaze at that photo below & I see a stand up arcade game. Here, I look like Frogger. 
 A lot of excess material under the arms...that is not a happy face. 
I adore this sparkly pink polish, but can never entirely capture the glitteryness. Melissa Masse sent me 4 dresses for a size 26+ blogger feature Marcy is doing...so amazingly generous...& none of them fit. None of them. I know it doesn't make any sense...but I felt bad about myself...not just bad...but like a less than person. She was so extremely sweet in her response that the feeling immediately went away...but it shook me. I took a photo of the maxi dress with the fabric I gasped over...& she told me she would make me a fit & flare dress out of it herself (the other dresses were made by one of her sample makers that doesn't do much plus size). OPI fall polishes...so pretty. I keep up my cosmetology license so I can buy my nail & hair stuff cheaply at the beauty supply stores. 
David & I after voting...no make-up yet at this point in the day. The Shitty Barn...opening, Chants...then Colin Stetson & Sarah Neufeld. 
I nearly didn't make the trip out to the barn for this show. I was supposed to go with Angie & Toby, but they were exhausted...& I listened to Colin Stetson (Arcade Fire, Bon Iver) & Sarah Neufeld (Arcade Fire) on YouTube...& quite honestly, their music hurt my ears...my whole body would relax the second they stopped playing. Why would I drive out to Spring Green by myself for that?! I don't know...there was something pulling me there. In person...they were mesmerizing...their music was like the most heartbreakingly vulnerable conversation, a lonely savage beast, a stampede of enraged elephants, a heavy metal rhino. I was enchanted. 
I filmed a little snippet of what I saw before me, but I know you must experience this in person to really hear it. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Moss, NYX Avant Pop eyeshadow palette in Art Throb, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Junkshow & Last Sin, Cranberry lipstick by Bite Beauty, & J'adore My Mani nail polish by Morgan Taylor. 

SaveSaveSaveSave

No comments:

Post a Comment