Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Fun Home in Chicago

 Dress: Portia Pin-Up Dress in Leopard by Kiyonna (size 4x), my first purchase from GB back in 2013
Cardigan: Croft & Barrow, thrifted
Tights: Catherines
Boots: 90s Fluevogs 
Purse: gift from Kate
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I first wore this dress back in Autumn 2013 & immediately purchased it from GB. It was my very first try then buy from them. I remember how outside my comfort zone this dress was...at first I had them send it in a 5x so it wouldn't be so form-fitting...but it was too big on me to wear. I was shocked when it not only fit me in a 4x...but I *liked* it...Va-va-voom. The only other time I've worn this dress was spring 2014...poor neglected dress. I have an extra of this dress if you happen to be the same size as me & would like to buy it...I am trying to get rid of things.
I adore these Fluevogs & wish I could find them on eBay in burgundy (even though I was in the middle of writing this post...I wandered over to eBay to look at all the Fluevogs for half an hour...I'm easily distracted).
I wore this dress to work (with my sweater buttoned up) & to travel down to Chicago with the girlie to see a play. 
Fun Home at Oriental Theatre in Chicago with Kate...this was her birthday present to me this year. I had picked up the graphic memoir while in Berkley with David when it first came out & both Kate & I read it. It follows Alison Bechdel's coming of age as a lesbian, while growing up in a funeral home with a closeted gay father. 
Pierogi for lunch, just down the street from our hotel. 
The gorgeous Oriental Theatre...I want to move in...
4th row! Thank you, girlie! They did a fantastic job making this a musical...I was worried. 
There were several variations of this fall display in front of Hotel Allegro, where we stay. This was our first time back since they finished a complete remodel of this lovely historical building. I thought it was fabulous before...but it is nice now too...change is hard...it's still sinking in. 
We decided to get take out for dinner & stay in our room, but first...complimentary all you can drink cava happy hour. That is most certainly an upgrade from their previous wine happy hour. I like bubbles. I stayed & had another glass alone while Kate went off to fetch our dinner. Our meal from Sunda (Asian Fusion) was delicious! I was dubious about $16 cauliflower (& do you see how tiny it is?!), but it was worth it. It ended up being our best meal of the weekend. After dinner, Kate took a walk & came back with chocolate from Vosges. She is the best girlie EVER.


3 comments:

  1. Just found ur blog and am in love! Love love LOVE ur style!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, thank you!!! That is just lovely of you to say & makes me happy <3

      Delete