Sunday, March 26, 2017

The Peacock Alcove

 Dress: Nina Dress in Brushstroke Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Facebook resellers group
Cardigan: Talbots (size 2x), thrifted
Shoes: Tahari, thrifted 
Earring & Necklace: Babil & Bijou (former etsy seller)
Bracelets: Vintage, garage sale finds
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I had this dress from Gwynnie Bee last fall & liked it...but David really loved it...so when it came up for sale on a FB resellers group...I snagged it. I also own this style of dress in navy plaid, which I adore. Effie's Heart clothing is so comfortable & it is one of the brands I didn't know existed before GB as up until recently...they only made their garments in plus size for Modcloth & GB. They are made of a thick t-shirt material & their fit is consistently spot on for me. Also, consistently cute. 
I wore this dress in the fall with the same turquoise tights & necklace...but everything else is different. 
Savers' finds...check out those pimp shoes we got for David. Sephora Play! February box. And some marvelous bright summer earrings from eBay. 
Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics was having a sale. Summer nail polish...it's spring, right?!
I don't know what I was thinking with this City Chic dress from GB...I couldn't find a way to wear it without my bra sticking out...so I sent it back unworn. I liked the style more than I thought I would though. Musicians at the indoor farmers' market play pretty music to shop to. Friday fish fry with David at Alchemy...this clam bisque is just amazing. 
David took off the door & trim on this hall closet...which is going to be the peacock alcove. Years ago Shane & I were antiquing in a Victorian mansion & there was a stuffed peacock on the way up the stairs...I've wanted one ever since. I am doing my peacock imitation & David is demonstrating how a statue might look here if I can't find a peacock. 
Deconstruction Inc. They are only open Thursday, Friday, & Saturday...we try to go every week...preferably on Thursday...we never know what kind of treasures we'll see. 
Bathroom planning over lunch at Brothers' 3...we are combining our main bathroom with a powder room to make one larger bathroom with a walk-in shower. 
Everyone was amazed that David asked for a second patty on his burger...I think we're regulars there now. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue, Kat von D eyeshadow in Hyperballad & Skulls, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Gash, MAC lipstick in New York Apple, NYX lipstick in Alabama, & This Color's Making Waves nail polish by OPI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment