Sunday, April 30, 2017

Spring in Madison

 Dress: Keyhole Dress in Pastel Floral by Julian Taylor (size 24) via GB Shop
Cardigan: ?, thrifted
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Dansko, gift from David
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: A Luscious Thing
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this dress late last summer, but resisted buying it...then it showed up in the GB Shop for $10, so...I own this dress in a few solid colors...it's just the most lovely fit & flare with its numerous panels that give it full flare fabulousness. 
 My only complaint about this dress is the huge pointless zipper down the back, as always...but this time around...even more annoying because this particular dress the shop sent me has a faulty zipper that doesn't stay zipped...so I would suddenly feel cold on my back & need to re-zip...I tell myself I will sew this shut...it didn't seem worth complaining about. 
I first wore this dress to Olbrich Gardens Spring Flower Show, which had a dinner party theme...I just love whimsical stuff like this. 
In my dream life (the one where I sew that zipper shut)...I would love to study these photos & recreate something like it in my yard. So, stay tuned...but don't hold your breath. 
Table waterfall...this one was my favorite...
There were so many creative spectacular tableaus...it was difficult to pick which ones to share.
I also wore this ensemble on the 1st day of the Wisconsin Film Festival (& on another film fest day)...which really signals spring has come to Madison for me. I just noticed that these dates are only for when movies were showing at The Barrymore & not the whole fest. 
We voted! And ate Indian buffet. I couldn't get both Kate & Jason's faces in this photo AND show you her adorable fox leggings.
Nick Offerman day at the film fest. I'm only vaguely aware of who he is (I never got into that show)...but the films were all great & he was hilarious during every q&a...especially as the day wore on...one of the questions posed was if he watched the film or the audiences reaction to it...he said, I'm over at Great Dane drinking beer. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Stila eyeliner in Tetra; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Misdemeanor, UV-B, Freakshow, & Midnight Cowboy; NYX lip palette in The Plums; & Unorthodox Annie nail polish from Colors by Llarowe. 

No comments:

Post a Comment