Monday, April 24, 2017

Tattoo | The Field Museum

Dress: Perfect Wrap Dress in Summer Plaid by Leota (size 5L) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Ashley Stewart, thrifted
Shoes: Moda Spana, thrifted
Earring & Necklace: Babil & Bijou, former etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I rather liked the aqua & lavender colors mixed with the navy in this cute plaid dress from Leota. It was a tad short on me, but it's what I packed (without trying it on) to wear during our second day in Chicago. Leota runs a size small...I can wear their 4L, but it's bodycon on me. This is a fabulous spring dress. 
I wore it on a different day to do some bathroom fixture shopping & other decision making with David (the day these photos were taken)...the only difference was I wore knee high black boots in Chicago...but the laces broke, so I couldn't wear them until I found new ones. 
Last fall I had a version of this dress in more of a picnic gingham...but despite them not having any colors in common, I wore the same cardigan & shoes. And chose the same location for photos. 
Coffee bar at the hotel...& the gorgeous elevator doors. Then on to The Field Museum for the Tattoo exhibit
These Two Algerian women were mesmerizing. The older woman is Fang-Od Odday, who is 100 years old & one of the last master tattooists of the Kalinga people of the Philippines. 
I thoroughly enjoyed this exhibit...there was so much to look at. They even have a live tattoo shop set up, but it was not open on this day. I bought a parasol...my wish is that I am able to use it this summer before ruining it. I am hoping if everything has a place in our new house...I will be able to better take care of my things. Perhaps?
Kate found this fantastic Korean vegan restaurant...Amitabul, for lunch on our way out of town. We started out sharing a delightful seaweed salad...both of our lunches were delicious, but I preferred what the girlie ordered...Maha Pyoao? What was it??? I want to have it noted here so I can get it next time. Kate will remember...she is younger than me. On the drive home we listened exclusively to the music from Hedwig & the Angry Inch...both Broadway albums & the movie soundtrack...thanks, Apple Music. 
A few days later...David & I shopping around for bathroom fixtures & making so. many. decisions. At this point I am quite sure that building a house from scratch must surely be easier than completely remodeling one. We both liked this mirrored medicine cabinet...David making faces at me as I snap a bunch of photos for reference (he can make it for us). 
That sink!!! is dreamy! If we hadn't already bought a vintage sink...I would need this in our bathroom. Look how lovely it looks with our Princetown countertop...that we have since rejected. After living with a sample for several months...David decided it wasn't wearing well...then I became obsessed with the idea of a mermaid bathroom...green, green/blue, gold. Looking at pipe at Home Depot for our closet. 
And...picking out the perfect shade of red for the bedroom. And picking out colors for the fascia, soffit, gutters, windows. Another idea that's been left behind...I was checking out the garage floor kits because I was hoping to glitter coat the floor in our closet. The March Sephora Play! box...Glow Your Own Way. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Deep Blue; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Heroine, Freeze, Last Sin, & Undone; Rose Gold blush by NYX; Aubergine lipstick by Bite Beauty; & OPI nail polish in Give Me Space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment