Monday, May 29, 2017

Birthday Dinner at Estrellón & The Suitcase Junket

 Dress: Fun Office Dress by City Chic (size XXL/24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: Merona (size XXL, too tight), thrifted 
Teggings: Re/Dress
Socks: Sock Dreams
Shoes: Nine West, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Babil & Bijou, former etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I wore this ensemble to go out to dinner with David for my birthday & a few days later to work & the first Shitty Barn show of the season. I've had to continue to bundle up this spring because...brrrrrr. I realized I hadn't worn any of my fun socks all winter...& it was a good way to add some warmth & color to this outfit. I rather liked this heavy stretch pinstriped dress...it's a great cool weather dress...my only issue with it was the pockets didn't lay flat on me & bulged out on my hips. I love stripes. 
 Maybe the socks are too much? I liked it. 
Dinner with David at Estrellón the day before my birthday (they are closed on Mondays). We started out with some wine & pintxos...blood sausage & aioli, beets & goat cheese, & a jamón croqueta...followed by...pork belly & roasted potatoes. This was the first time David had gone there with me, so I was finally able to try their signature paella (Kate & I have gotten their market vegetable paella & it was incredibly delicious)...it was amazing, of course...although I have to admit...not better than the veggie. The best part were the shrimp...so we'll have to have them add those to the veggie next time & it will be perfect. 
More often than not...I skip dessert...but because it was my birthday...I got creme catalana (Spanish creme brûlée)...with whipped cream, fruit, & fennel-orange torta...while David had some drinking chocolate. Then David had the brilliant idea of combining the two in every bite...heavenly *swoon* 
My first show at The Shitty Barn for the season...The Suitcase Junket. A one-man band... Matt sings, plays the guitar, keyboard, & several homemade instruments with his worn out shoes (he has his actual baby shoe rigged up to hit a pot at his feet). His music was fabulous & I'm glad I bought his records to remember this show. Here's a video of him from Youtube... 
The Suitcase Junket is playing at a restaurant in Escanaba, Mi (an hour from my hometown) in July. Weird. I may have to plan a visit around that gig. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Make Up For Ever Aqua XL Waterproof eyeliner in M-10; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Liar, Factory, Blackheart, Vanity, & Freakshow, NYX lip palette in The Plums, & Visions of Love nail polish from OPI. 

No comments:

Post a Comment