Thursday, August 31, 2017

Brian! Keira! Marquette!


Dress: Puzzle Piece Printed Maxi Dress by City Chic (size XXL)
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Born
Earring: Kerala Rose
Necklace: Age Before Beauty
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Brian, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I nearly didn't buy this dress...what a tragedy that would have been...I am in love. The unusual color combination & the fact that one of The Girls of GB calls this the Goth Beyoncé dress finally reeled me in. It's a twirler & has such a nice flow when you walk. The shirred waistline ensures the dress fits just right & can be worn under the bust (as I prefer) or more at your natural waistline...it is so long that either one works. The buttons can be undone & you could wear this dress as a duster in the fall over another dress. The only thing I would change about this is...wouldn't it be even more amazing with dramatic bell sleeves? I think so.  
There is a front split in this dress that goes rather high...so I wore teggings underneath so as not to flash anyone. 
Dreamy...a boho fantasy.
I decided to wear this to a memorial in Marquette...& bought these shoes from an eBay seller in Madison just days before leaving...I've been wanting black floral sandals anyway. 
I'm not sure what to call the purple/blue in this dress...it's not quite periwinkle. I'm rather proud of the eyeshadow I found to match it though...
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX Faux Blacks eyeliner in Oxblood; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Betrayal, Alchemy, Bondage, & Last Sin; MAC lipliner in Burgundy; Nars lipstick in Majella; & We the Female nail polish from OPI. 
Driving to the U.P. I actually wore this dress to drive...but I didn't get any pics since I just threw it on without styling it. But first...a stop at Ulta to use my 20% off coupon. In Munising...Keira was there to greet me...but where is Brian? Look what a cutie pie she is! The traditional welcome dinner...pasties that Brian's mom made. Yum!  
My high school boyfriend, David, died back in February from a heart attack. He & his wife lived in Austin, but she had a memorial for him in Marquette & scattered his ashes in Lake Superior. It was a weird feeling being there...seeing people I hadn't seen in 30 years. Dave was a special person in my life...my first boyfriend & someone I spent countless hours on the phone with in high school, as well as in our 20s. I will never forget how I met him...he called me one night when I was 15 & said...you don't know me, I just watch you. If that happened now, it would be creepy...but at 15...I was completely fascinated. 
After the memorial...Brian & I were driving back to Munising when we passed this new wine bar...Brian told me he'd been wanting to check it out...so we stopped. They had a pretty good sangria...& their outdoor patio was next to this happy umbrella installation. 
 Just singing in the rain...
Later...dinner in Munising at Tracey's...a farm to table restaurant in the U.P.?! It was good, but we made the mistake of ordering too much bar snack food...at least we had a spinach salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment