Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Elkhorn Antique Flea Market

 Dress: Reiss Dress in Bauhaus Print by Rachel Antonoff (size 5x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Leggings: Torrid (size 4x)
Shoes: Born, thrifted
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I hate this dress like poison. But the pattern & colors were too spectacular to pass up. The plus dresses Rachel Antonoff makes for GB are super cute...but none of them fit properly...the top of this seemed several sizes larger than the bottom. I can't think of a single nice thing to say about this dress other than, wow...pattern & color. So I decided to have fun with it & pair it with these donut leggings I got from Torrid. 
This same style of dress is also available in a fabulous dancing feet pattern...but I just can't do it...even if I could cover the top with a cardigan...the scuba fabric is just too hideous. 
The downside of blogging all the dresses I rent...some of them are complete failures. On that note...I have a confession...I own at least 60 dresses that I have *never* worn. I like to buy dresses. But I'm more likely to wear a GB dress since I have to return it. I am looking forward to when my new closet is completed & being able to see everything I have. Although, that really has nothing to do with why I don't wear the dresses I own. 
My make-up with this outfit included...Make Up For Ever eyeliner in M-10, Urban Decay eyeshadow in Gossip & Jones, Flamepoint eyeshadow by Sugarpill, Habanero lipstick from MAC, NYX lipstick in Hippy Chic, & No Tan Lines nail polish from OPI. 
I wore this dress to the second Elkhorn Flea of the season...David & I went to gaze upon the spectacular offerings & find ourselves a few treasures for our new home. Here are a smattering of things that caught my eye...I would have snapped up that mermaid in a minute if she didn't look like a 12 year old girl. 
After the market, we went to the Mexican restaurant we discovered last time. Mango margarita made with real mango...yum. 
I found these lovely bakelite & lucite bracelets to add to my collection. I didn't take photos of anything else we brought home...I know we got a bunch of doorknobs & plates, a few tin ceiling pieces, a metal cornice with oak leaves & acorns, & some dressing table bits & bobs for my make-up vanity. 

2 comments:

  1. I love dresses hugely too, and I put a stop on buying any a few months ago because I needed more tops and bottoms instead. But on the 30th of June I found one I could not resist, and then just yesterday after making it through no buy July, there was a Dress Moment which I will have to blog about soon.

    I will keep a good thought for your 60 unworn dresses, that their special moment in the spotlight will soon happen for them. Maybe you could set yourself a blog challenge for 2018 that one of those dresses each week will be worn and blogged about? :) Or even do a weekly dress on a hanger post?

    I might steal that blog challenge idea for myself, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, good...it's not just me! I have a lot of skirts & tops too...that I hardly ever wear. Oooo, I want to see the dress that lured you in. Great blog challenge! I will have to try that next year after my closet is set up :)

      Delete