Sunday, August 27, 2017

The Teggings Dyeing Experiment

 Dress: Grecia Maxi Dress in Tile Mosaic by Tart Collections (size 3x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Aerosole, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Babil & Bijou, former etsy shop
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
Another Goddess maxi dress...this one fit so well with its empire waist that I adore...I should have kept it. This is only my second Tart Collections dress, my first was Thanksgiving 2014. I remember how soft & luxurious that dress felt...& this one did as well...apparently modal is extremely soft & petable...& who doesn't want to be petable? The wide straps covered my bra at all times, the arm holes were perfect, & the mosaic pattern was gorgeous. I have only one tiny complaint...I needed to wear a bit of a heel with this dress as it was floor sweepingly long & I would have tripped on it had I not. I hope this shows up in the shop & I can buy one that hasn't dragged on the ground too much. Stunning dress. 
David & I found this fabulous round bank building in Spring Green for pictures before our play. I looked it up & it was designed by William Wesley Peters, an associate of Frank Lloyd Wright. 
 I adore the v-neck back that mirrors the front neckline of this maxi. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX Pretty Violet eyeliner; Echo, Muse, & Hyperballad eyeshadow from Kat von D; Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Luxe; & Rockin' My Juju nail polish by Colors by Llarowe. 
I made David & I salmon with purple cauliflower before heading out to see The Maids at American Players Theatre in Spring Green...which was just a weird weird play...& I like weird, but this didn't make sense.  
Some new nail polishes & earrings from a seller in the Czech Republic that I like. Savers sale finds...no clothing for me this time...just a scarf, Born sandals two sizes too big, & some pretty glass serving dishes...but check out that snazzy silky stripped shirt David scored. 
The teggings dyeing experiment...I had long been wanting to try dyeing white teggings to see if they would take dye...& look! They did! I used Jacquard Acid Dye on the stove...there are a few streaks & did not come out as perfectly as I would have liked...I may try the next pair in the washer. But...I can have teggings in any color my heart desires. 

No comments:

Post a Comment