Monday, September 4, 2017

Swimming in Lake Superior

 Dress: Oui Dress in Strawberry by Effie's Heart (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee #borrownbuy
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Fly London
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Bracelets: Vintage Bakelite 
Photography: Super Boo, Brian, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I had to buy this subtle strawberry print dress even though I'm not crazy about the double neckline...because everything else about it is marvelous & Effie's Heart is my go-to casual wear. The heavy t-shirt cotton fabric with a bit of spandex is incredibly comfy & soft. I almost can't wait for my EH dresses to wear out so I can wear them to bed. 
For fall, I'd like to wear this with a green cropped cardigan & three little vintage strawberry pins...I opted not to wear them this time around because I was worried about leaving holes in the dress, plus they'd look better on a solid colored sweater. 
Have I mentioned how much I ADORE this NYX Oxblood eyeliner? It's my favorite new thing. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX Faux Blacks eyeliner in Oxblood; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Alchemy, Bondage, Sonic, Last Sin, & Undone; Majella lipstick by Nars; & OPI nail polish in An Affair in Red Square. 
Our first APT (American Players Theatre) play of the season...out of order since I wore this again while visiting Brian. David, Angie, & I saw A Midsummer Night's Dream...my favorite Shakespeare play & our first play on the new stage. We left at intermission. Midsummer should be glittery & magical...& it was neither of those things. It was disappointing because they nearly always get it right. 
In Munising with Brian & Keira...in my beloved Lake Superior. I did not wear this dress on this day. Oh, the water was lovely at sunset & not nearly as cold as I expected. As a child I spent hours in the lake... every day...all summer. This is the place where I feel most at home & peaceful. 
The next day we drove into Marquette again to have lunch at Elizabeth's Chop House...out on the patio overlooking the lake. The Lobster Bisque was delicious...& I just love their Art Deco back bar. Then on to Everyday Wines to pick up a wine carrying bag for Kate...she bought one the last time we were here...& then our dogs uncharacteristically chewed the handle off. So I got her a replacement & a bottle of sparkling Michigan wine. This was my last day in the U.P., I left the next morning. I immediately missed Brian & wish he'd move back to Madison...I like having all my friends in one place. 

No comments:

Post a Comment