Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Cyrano de Bergerac

 Dress: Hurricane Kimono Maxi Dress by Melissa McCarthy (size 4x) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Sandals: Born
Earring: eBay 
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
The colors in this dress are gorgeous & the pattern is unusual & mesmerizing...but why do I see vaginas in so many dress patterns? I know it's not just me. The Melissa McCarthy website calls this a Kaftan...which, to me, is something you wear to lounge around the house...& this was certainly comfortable enough for that. I enjoyed wearing this one time to see a play...& sending it back. I strongly dislike when the back of the material shows on a garment when it does not match the front...it just looks sloppy. 
I shouldn't be so hard on this dress...besides an abundance of the back of the fabric showing...this dress was fantastic...I would love a dress like this to throw on to run errands...it's an excellent maxi dress length on me...I just wouldn't normally wear it out to an event...but as this play was outside in the dark & I wanted pictures...
I forgot how much I love UD Roach eyeliner (brown with copper & gold shimmer) & Kat von D Gothica lipstick (copper brown with copper & gold sparkle)...I don't wear either of them nearly enough...
My makeup with this outfit included...Roach eyeliner by Urban Decay, NYX Ultimate eyeshadow palette in Warm Neutrals, Kat von D eyeshadow in Analogue, Gothica lipstick from Kat von D, & Toucan Do It If You Try nail polish by OPI. 
David & I had a warm autumn evening for Cyrano...which American Players Theatre did marvelously. September's Sephora Play! box. 

No comments:

Post a Comment