Saturday, November 4, 2017

The Pines & Three Sisters

 Dress: Polka Dot Dress in Blue by Samya (size 32) via GB #borrownbuy 
Teggings: Re/Dress
Sandals: Clarks
Purse & Bracelets: Vintage
Earring: etXarte
Necklace: Wendy Baker
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
First of all...what was I thinking & why didn't Kate stop me?! I bought this dress back in 2014...it was the first & only dress that I tried by this brand & as it was 100% cotton with no stretch...I got the largest available size, 32...my usual 28 would have been fine...perhaps even a 26 as this dress is huge on me. It was only $15 to keep & I was the first person to get it...at least I didn't buy the black one too! I last wore this in late summer 2014. Look how much more stylish I am now! 
While I enjoyed the bright blue of this dress & was grateful for the cotton on these hot fall days...I'm thinking this can only be worn in cooler months with a cardigan...or kept for when I want to dress up as Lucy for Halloween. 
I couldn't decide between red or yellow accessories...so why not both?
My makeup with this outfit included...NYX Faux Black eyeliner in Oxblood, Dali Ink liner by Kat von D, NYX Ultimate Palette in Warm Neutrals, NYX lipstick in Russian Red, & You Make Me Vroom nail polish from OPI. 
I wore this dress to see The Pines at The Shitty Barn with Angie...but first, pizza! We stopped at Novanta & I had an Alice (house mozzarella, pecorino romano, fontina, onion, basil, & balsamic glaze)...it was my first time there & it was delicious. The Pines were wonderful, as usual...their dreamlike melodies always make me feel joyful melancholy & I leave floating like a ghost.
Driving home...Angie had the best idea EVER...snack adventure! We were craving cheese curds, which led Angie to think of Sujeo's late night menu...we ordered the first three things on the menu to share...& our drinks (beer & a Moscow Mule) came in plastic cups...because late night eaters are...clumsy? drunk? It was all amazing...why haven't I gone back yet?! They have a few housemade soft serve selections each day...I don't remember which one I chose...but Angie had Chai & it was delectable. Best idea EVER. 
The next day...David & I were back in Spring Green to see Three Sisters at APT. This rusty old truck filled with flowers is totally my kind of thing...after years of admiring it...we finally stopped to get a closer look...
Parked in the motel parking lot were dozens of British sports cars...mainly MGs...& just as we were leaving...they pulled out too.

No comments:

Post a Comment