Wednesday, December 13, 2017

Risk! & Ukulele!

 Dress: Galaxy Faux Wrap Dress by Jete (size 5x)
Shoes: l.e.i., thrifted 
Earring & Necklace: Babil & Bijou, former etsy shop
Bracelet: Age Before Beauty
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I never received this GB house brand dress from them before it was retired, but recently bought it from one of the GB resellers. Fabulous fun galaxy print in a style I adore & have also worn in geometric print & retro floral & own in autumn leaves & abstract fan. I've worn both sizes 4x & 5x, but prefer the fit on the larger size as it's quite body hugging.  
Check out that booty...
I have such a stupendous shoe collection thanks to thrifting...I would have NEVER bought these shoes new...but for $2?! Sure, I'll take a chance...I thought they were perfection with this outfit. 
It is amazing to me that this mural is spray painted...I don't typically care for faces as a background...but I made an exception.
My make-up with this outfit included...LSD eyeliner by Urban Decay; UD eyeshadow in Specter, Lithium, Vega, & Galaxy; NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream in Ultraviolet; & Cosmo with a Twist nail polish from OPI. 
I first wore this dress to see the Risk! podcast live with David, Angie, & Toby. The only photo I took was of Kevin Allison, the host...because the storytellers were telling very personal stories & it seemed disrespectful. Angie introduced me to this podcast & it's one of my favorites...it also brought another podcast to my attention that brings me heaps of amusement, Bawdy Storytelling. The live event was fabulous...I love hearing people's stories. 
I wore this dress again to attend a free ukulele workshop at the library with Kate...which was so much fun! We didn't know what to expect, but it was so well organized & run. The MAUI group was in charge & everyone was given a ukulele to use & assigned their very own helper...the girlie & I shared the nice man below...sitting next to me in the hat. We learned some chords, then spent over an hour playing & singing songs. I nabbed the group shot from this blog. It took several days for my fingers to stop being sore...but I need to get my own uke now!
After ukuleleing...David & I went to dinner at Angie & Toby's...where there was dog cuddling (Molly on my lap!) & tasty food. 

I get a tub of Lush's seasonal Bûche de Noël cleanser every November...it has bits of cranberry & ground almonds...satsumas & brandy...it smells amazing, gently exfoliates, & moisturizes. I'm going to try freezing part of it to see if I can make it last an entire year...usually around August, I open up the pot to find it has grown fuzzy mold...not bad considering they suggest it is best used within three months. 

No comments:

Post a Comment