Saturday, December 23, 2017

Wine & Wives

 Dress: Dolce Vita Dress in Butterfly Print by Effie's Heart (size 4x)
Cardigan: Studio Works Woman (size 2x), thrifted
Shoes: Born, thrifted
Earring: Wendy Baker
Necklace: A Luscious Thing
Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
This dress had long been a unicorn of mine...it never came to me through Gwynnie Bee, but I finally nabbed it from one of the GB resellers. I was surprised since it was retired quite a while ago. Effortless cuteness from Effie's Heart, even though this isn't my favorite style of theirs. I've also worn (& own) this style in etched dotcitrus, & geranium
I enjoyed this unusual color combination, however...it made it difficult to find things to go with it. In looking at these photos, I regret the black shoe choice...I'd go with brown next time. I even have a pair of brown Born shoes with flowers that are this shade. 
Back before GB, I never wore blue. My mom got me this vintage blue bracelet from a flea market in Toronto when I was 16...I kept it all these decades because it was just so pretty & it was the first time my mom picked out something for me that was my style. Now I wear it at least once a month. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX eyeliner in Gypsy Blue, Synth & Hyperballad eyeshadow from Kat von D, NYX eyeshadow palette in Warm Neutrals, Gothica lipstick from KvD, & OPI nail polish in Brisbane Bronze. 
David & I finalized our shower fixture choice...a bar similar to the one shown below, but with the handles of the sink faucet & a more decorative shower head, in oil rubbed bronze-hand relieved. I thought the handles looked like tentacles that could come alive at any time...so I kept walking my hands over to David like tentacles...I'm sure the woman helping us thought we were nuts. 
Shopping at Sephora during their annual fall 20% off sale. I really wanted that Natasha Denona Sunset Palette...but $129!? I couldn't do it, but I'd like to try her eyeshadows some time. I *finally* got to smell Kat von D's Saint & Sinner fragrances (I hardly ever go to the mall)...Sinner is lovely, but not quite me. November Sephora Play!
Colors by Llarowe lured me in with their Mean Mr. Grinch, a blackened copper green shimmer polish...so of course I had to get a few other colors as well. 
 My Sephora 20% off shopping spree. Spreeeeeeeeeeeee. 
Kate invited me to her wine tasting group, Wasted...where the theme was Thanksgiving Riesling. So many delicious wines & tasty nibbles. I made an amazing kale salad with butternut squash, pomegranate, & pumpkin seeds. Lindsay (drinking wine above) wrote about the tasting for the Cap Times (where I stole the two photos below). 
After the tasting...on to The North Street Cabaret to see Crane Wives (a band we've seen at The Shitty Barn). The venue had only been open a few months & it was adorable...check out that wallpaper border! We got food from their sister bar, Tip Top Tavern, across the street...because they were still working on their own menu. Great space...I'm excited to see more bands there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment