Monday, February 5, 2018

Faux NYE Mermaid Fantasy

 Dress: Swing Dress in Crushed Velvet by London Times (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Jacket: Kat Duster by Courtney Noelle (size 4x)
Tights: Catherines
Shoes: Adrienne Vittadini, thrifted
All Jewelry: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Kate, & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I've been lusting over this fabulous sequin duster for a few years now...so when it went on sale for 40% off...I finally nabbed it. Then...I failed to do it justice. It was terribly cold & windy on the day Kate & I celebrated our NYE...we got our pictures taken quickly & there was no time for adjusting...& this coat paired with velvet needed a lot of help...the lining of the coat clung to the velvet & refused to lay right...but it was still stunning. I will have to take this coat out again soon. 
I wore this dress I had at home from GB because I thought it went well with the jacket...it was supposed to be a swing dress, but it fit more like a bodycon on me. Gorgeous & unexpected color in a velvet dress. I didn't love the high neckline & it was a smidge too short for my taste...but I adore crushed velvet.
My lips have turned blue from the cold...
I open my mouth a LOT in photos...
My make-up with this outfit included...Kat von D Tattoo liner in Trooper; Urban Decay eyeshadow in Vega, Galaxy, Lightyear, Stargazer, & Ether; UD Afterglow; Electromagnetic Cosmetic Metals lip cream by NYX; & Viridian nail polish from Illamasqua. 
Kate & I went out for our NYE on January 7th...a week after actual NYE because she had just been getting over a stomach bug. We always go out on NYE...but it's just a date...& why go out to eat if you aren't going to fully enjoy raw oysters? So, I got two nights to dress up fancy...score! Mermaids on the shell...
Sunday night dining on a non-holiday is so relaxing...well, it *was* David Bowie Eve, but that is not widely celebrated. Oysters are the most perfect food...someday I would like to go oyster diving & eat fresh oysters while swimming in the ocean. And pet a baby piggy...but not on the same day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment