Sunday, February 11, 2018

All the Light Fixtures

 Dress: High Low Circle Sleeve Wrap Dress by Eloquii (size 24) via Gwynnie Bee (use my link to get your first month free & help me earn GB credit)
Cardigan: MAK via ModCloth (size 4x)
Tights: We Love Colors, gifted
Earring: etXarte
Necklace & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo & Me
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
What a great 70s vibe this dress has with its rust, navy, yellow, & white stripes...I nearly bought it...but I'll wait until the GB resellers get it in my size (I've already seen some show up). The fit & length were great...it's a true wrap & the fabric was light & thin without being see-through. The only negatives for me were...I dislike seeing the inside of the fabric on a high/low dress...& if you look at the hem on the right, the white tag is visible (I'd obviously cut it out if I owned it). 
It was fun to pull out the colors in the dress with accessories & make-up. We Love Colors sent me these new microfiber tights to test...they currently carry them up to 3x, but this is a 4x version & they are lovely...thicker & more opaque than their regular tights. I hope they start carrying them soon. 
I found these brand new Nine West shoes on eBay about a year ago, but this was my first time wearing them. I was determined to find yellow shoes...& got three pairs at once. 
My make-up with this outfit included...NYX Faux Blacks eyeliner in Midnight, Anastasia Beverly Hills eyeshadow in New Wave & Dawn, Urban Decay eyeshadow in He Devil, UD lipstick in Heat, NYX Liquid Suede lipstick in Biker Babe, & Burnt Romance nail polish by CND Vinylux. 
I wore this outfit to work, farmers' market, & to Milwaukee with David to check out our favorite ReStore. We've had excellent luck with light fixtures there & that Saturday happened to be the last day of a 50% off lighting sale...what luck! The best score of the day was a 7 light bathroom fixture for $6! One of the glass shades was missing & I thought...we don't care, we like things that don't match. So, as I was looking around for one I liked...I found the missing matching shade. We've spray painted the silver bits bronze & I'm adding some colors of the bathroom on the raised bits...it will be magnificent when I'm done. $6. The other great find were two matching antique chandeliers with gorgeous gingerbread metal that will be amazing in the dining room & living room. We also went to WasteCap, a deconstruction place with neat things...but we just browsed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment