Thursday, February 1, 2018

NYE

 Dress: Fishtail Velvet Maxi Dress in Midnight by Scarlett & Jo (size 30 UK)
Shoes: Mudd, thrifted
Earring: etXarte
Earring, Necklace, & Bracelet: Vintage
Photography: Super Boo, Me, & Angie
Stats: 5'7" 55-50-64
I bought several dresses last year from Scarlett & Jo (my first time trying them) & this is the second one I've worn. I was disappointed with the first...but this one...wow! This was available in black, midnight, & magenta...& I chose blue because it was different than anything else I own. I wasn't sure a bodycon fishtail dress would look good on me...but it was so cheap, it was worth a shot...& I like to stretch my comfort zone. I felt sexy & luxurious in this dress.
What's up with those shoes though? I thought silver sparkly flats would be a good choice with this dress...but I never look in the mirror. 
Hubba Hubba...va va voooooooom.
My make-up with this outfit included...Urban Decay eyeliner in LSD; UD eyeshadow in Stargazer, Vega, Galaxy, & Lightyear; Pat McGrath Venom 2 lipstick; Pat McGrath Metallic Gold Pigment; NYX glitter in gold; & Emerald Sparkle nail polish by China Glaze. 
NYE at Tony & Kate's (different Kate from the girlie) with Angie & Toby. Angie made some addictively delicious mushroom caps & Kate made this amazing cocktail with Meyer lemons. Dinner was fabulous...Kate cooked the prime rib perfectly...with horseradish sauce, Yorkshire pudding, roasted root vegetables, cauliflower cheese, & kale salad. 
After dinner we played games...which I don't get to do nearly enough...I love games. We played two new to us games...Blokus, then Bears vs Babies. There was much doggie cuddling (hmmm...I wonder how my dress got covered in a layer of hair?) & then...happy new year! Champagne toast & decadent Nigella Lawson Chocolate Cloud Cake made by Angie. House parties are the best NYE plans & I appreciate Kate inviting us...it was a lovely night. Also, happy first anniversary to David & me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment